HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2006, 03:16 PM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,409 Posts
Video
VIDEO!!! My Head Motion Tracking system, Patent Pending...

Hello All,, here is a video of my Head Motion tracking system, Patent Pending.. Sorry for the delay but I wanted to get all the legal things straight.. The actual model has gone through some changes, but from the video you can see that it works. I should have this to market within the next couple of months. The expected cost is going to be around $175 to $300, depending on choice of electronics. Enjoy..

William Clary
wac is offline Find More Posts by wac
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2006, 11:30 PM
USA, TX, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2004
1,362 Posts
What video glasses are you using?

Larry
txflyboys2 is offline Find More Posts by txflyboys2
Old Nov 06, 2006, 11:48 PM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,409 Posts
sony plm 55
Old Nov 08, 2006, 02:44 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,444 Posts
From what I can see, but maybe the video fools me, is that the lag between head movement and camera following it is too long for actual FPV flying. Now it shouldn't matter for framing, apart maybe for some possible motion sickness problems.

I pretty much see a patent war coming, as there are already other patents pending on headtracking systems...
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 08, 2006, 11:59 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
I agree with Kirah, I can also said I see your head moving smothly, but the cam look to jump, the movement is not fluid. It should not look natural inside the goggle.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Nov 09, 2006, 12:07 AM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,409 Posts
the camera is jumpy due to the high torque servo and the 1 to 1 ratio on the gears... and as far as patent wars.. haha.. who really cares .. as far as im concerned is braging rights and not much more... if i thought this was worth a billion dollars i would be singing another tune..
Old Nov 09, 2006, 09:17 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,961 Posts
This is what I was thinking, your camera is heavier than the cam I use. With a cam like mine, I agree the movement should become fluide.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Nov 10, 2006, 09:11 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
it is easy to smooth things up with servo. actually, that looks pretty good WAC. good job.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,409 Posts
thank you askman, and vrflyer!!!! i appreciate it ... Askman i thank you for the camera mount.. ive done some testing using the whole system and it sees to be working out... Do you think that you could build a camera mount that is between the landing gear and lowers down after take to give a clear view.. the only problem im having is, when im using this system in the FPV mode i would like to emliminate the shaddow of the rotor blades or lower the effect of it.. What do you think?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 06:01 PM
owings mills MD
Joined Feb 2003
540 Posts
thats first for me where or when can i get one fo those kits?
lttakas is offline Find More Posts by lttakas
Old Jan 16, 2007, 09:23 PM
Slowly Approaching 1,000
Detroit (area), MI
Joined Mar 2004
923 Posts
Sorry to res a dead thread, but I just saw it for the first time. Can you include some video through the optics to see what the camera sees?

You may want to market this in Hollywood to camera crews. Sriously, have you seen their RC pilots at work? Spectacular. Thanks and best of luck.

-J.Mc.-
philosophicle_1 is offline Find More Posts by philosophicle_1
Old May 18, 2007, 12:41 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Thats a good camera, 12X zoom, looks like a powerful setup.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Nov 28, 2009, 02:51 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1 Posts
HI,

Systems and methods for tracking the motion of a game controller and a player's body part are disclosed. The method includes receiving a video signal from a webcam, generating movement data corresponding to the motion of the game controller, tracking first predetermined degrees of freedom of motion of the body part, generating feature location data based on a location of at least one identifiable visual feature of the game controller, and estimating second predetermined degrees of freedom of a motion of the game controller.

THANK YOU...

online attendance tracking system
hhenryjohn1 is offline Find More Posts by hhenryjohn1
Old Jan 16, 2010, 09:12 PM
Parkflyer Maniac
Atlanta
Joined May 2004
827 Posts
I'm guessing you are using accelerometers in every axis of motion and transalting the signal to the movements. Much like the movements that are capable with the sixaxis controller of a ps3.
scadavid2000 is offline Find More Posts by scadavid2000