Old May 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
International flyer
France, Alsace, Wissembourg
Joined Jul 2005
255 Posts
Question
About the balance plug ?

Hello everybody,

I just bought my first lipo pack WITH balance plug :P My other lipo packs are "old" style without this balancing stuff !

I'd like to know if there is a standard for those balance plugs (i mean that all companies producing lipo with balance plug use the same plug)?

Because i think i'll buy the Graupner Lipo Balancer Plus and they say that it's needed to use graupner balance plug! But my batteries arn't produced by Graupner ! Will it work ?

Hope it's clear what i say !

Thanks

TeX
Lampatex is offline Find More Posts by Lampatex
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2006, 10:28 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,656 Posts
No real standard for balancing connectors except within a brand.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=29

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; May 10, 2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:40 AM
Vampowered!
Crestview Florida
Joined Dec 2003
1,816 Posts
Unfortunately no...There is no ISO for taps...man wouldnt that be great if there was! There are several connectors....if thats no bad enough...some of them are on different pin spacings.
The best we can hope for is that a balancer manufacturer you choose has the adapter that you need.
Vammy
Vamooska is offline Find More Posts by Vamooska
Old May 10, 2006, 02:16 PM
International flyer
France, Alsace, Wissembourg
Joined Jul 2005
255 Posts
okkkk thanks for your fast answers

But it's bad news in fact :P So in buying a balancer, you've to hope it'll fit with batteries ... or buy the connectors that feets and replace it!

@ Everydayflyer : Thanks for the link, i already saw it in fact but didn't found the answer to my question :P

TeX
Lampatex is offline Find More Posts by Lampatex
Old May 11, 2006, 02:06 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
I'm getting ready to add balancing taps to my existing Lipo collection. I've decided to use the "Hyperion (Polyquest, eTec, et al)" taps since they seem about as universal as any. The problem is that my usual suppliers (ALLeRC and CheapBatteryPacks) list the Hyperion battery-side connectors as "Not in Stock". Suggestions for alternate suppliers?

I wonder if I could get the plug components from an elactricla supplier like DigiKey or Mouser?

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old May 11, 2006, 03:21 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,656 Posts
http://www.battlepack.com/polyrc.asp

MC-2 Male $1.65 ea.

Charles
Old May 11, 2006, 03:29 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Very good! I knew of Battlepack, but never had the chance to browse the store.

--Bill
Old May 12, 2006, 02:26 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
OK, I've got the balancing taps, an LBA6 balancer and an assortment of shrink wrap ordered from Battlepacks. I've read a few threads on adding balancing taps, but I've not come across this answer yet: you need a zinc/aluminum solder and flux to solder the Lipo cell tabs, but do you need this to attach the wires from the balancing taps to the "zinc-tinned" battery tabs; ie, could the 64/40 "electronic" solder be used to solder the wires to the zinc-soldered tabs?

--Bill
Last edited by Jacques Flambeau; May 13, 2006 at 04:13 AM.
Old May 12, 2006, 06:34 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,656 Posts
Aluminum flux is only a must have when soldering to the aluminum (positive) LiPoly tabs if no nickle tap area is exposed or there is no solder joint. Some packs have the series connections spot welded and sometime the aluminum is folded over the nickle before spot welding. Packs with PCBs are a piece of cake.

Charles