HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2004, 07:35 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Nov 2003
36 Posts
Evo middle sliders, battery life

May the left slider on the royal evo be programmed to be used as the throttle trim?

Does the standard battery have the capabaility of lasting through fifteen 15-minute flights without needing to be recharged?

Has anyone changed out the evo battery for LI-ions?

Thanks
Craig
woodscra is offline Find More Posts by woodscra
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2004, 09:25 PM
My other TX is a P4000.
USA, VA, Raphine
Joined Sep 2002
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodscra
May the left slider on the royal evo be programmed to be used as the throttle trim?

Does the standard battery have the capabaility of lasting through fifteen 15-minute flights without needing to be recharged?

Thanks
Craig
You can assign both the slider and the axis stick to the throttle channel. Through the use of a mixer, you can change the slider into a "trim" if you want to.

At full charge, the EVO niMh gives 9 hours of flying time.... this would be 36 fifteen minute flights!

Lipos may work, but you can kiss your MPX warranty goodbye. With nine hours on the stock battery, it just ain't worth it.

-joedy
Joedy is offline Find More Posts by Joedy
Old Jun 01, 2004, 07:56 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Nov 2003
36 Posts
Thanks Joedy. With the battery, is there any fix to the charge plug issues people are having where the TX does not get charged as the connector does not make contact? I am not looking for the LED patch, I am looking for an actual fix to this issue.
woodscra is offline Find More Posts by woodscra
Old Jun 01, 2004, 07:59 AM
Sarasota/Bradenton Bradenton, Florida, United States
Joined Jan 2004
220 Posts
I have noticed the plug will go in MIS-indexed (there is a little bump there to guide proper alignment)..IF there appears to be excess drag, remove the plug and reindex it..it should plug in easily...
CDignition is offline Find More Posts by CDignition
Old Jun 01, 2004, 09:24 AM
My other TX is a P4000.
USA, VA, Raphine
Joined Sep 2002
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodscra
With the battery, is there any fix to the charge plug issues people are having where the TX does not get charged as the connector does not make contact?
I always carefully check the DIN plug alignment before inserting. With an incorrect alignment and sufficient force, you can plug the DIN charger cord in and not realize the mistake.

I always double check the charge status by turning on the EVO to the battery management screen after about five minutes of charging. If the milliamps number is increasing, you know that you've got a good connection.

Incidentally, however, I have never had a problem charging my EVO.

-joedy
Joedy is offline Find More Posts by Joedy
Old Jun 01, 2004, 05:38 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedy
I always carefully check the DIN plug alignment before inserting. With an incorrect alignment and sufficient force, you can plug the DIN charger cord in and not realize the mistake.

I always double check the charge status by turning on the EVO to the battery management screen after about five minutes of charging. If the milliamps number is increasing, you know that you've got a good connection.

Incidentally, however, I have never had a problem charging my EVO.

-joedy
I simply check to see that the TX charge light on my 10 year old Sirius Charge Pro is lit. All I had to do to charge my Cockpit and Evo transmitters with the Sirius Charge was buy an adaptor from George Joy. Much safer and I can charge my radios on the way to the field,
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA