HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2004, 03:20 PM
Two Rivers, WI
Joined Mar 2003
565 Posts
electric field box help needed

I have a great box for indoor flying but this will be my first outdoor electric flying at our flied. I have several Triton chargers and all my planes are lipo equiped. I will have to park several hundred yards from the pits and need to know how all are powering your chargers. Do i buy a deep cycle marine battery and use that? I want to design or buy a cart so to say to wheel all of my stuff out there. obviously there is no 110 power at our field. Thanks Ryan
ICRSHLTS is offline Find More Posts by ICRSHLTS
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2004, 06:25 PM
Castle Tech
Olathe, KS
Joined Aug 2003
4,889 Posts
I use a 95Ah deep cycle marine battery...costs $55 at Autozone. You can buy one the "toolbox on wheels" at Menards, Home Depot etc to wheel all your stuff around in...dont know if it will handle the weight of the deep cycle battery though...its about 50lbs. If you built your own you could easily arrange it to hold all your stuff and handle the weight of the battery. I'm 25 so lugging around that heavy battery is "good exercise" for me.
Joe Ford is offline Find More Posts by Joe Ford
Old Apr 09, 2004, 06:58 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,434 Posts
This is what I use:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1&pagenumber=2
Crash
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel