HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2003, 11:23 AM
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Joined Mar 2002
90 Posts
novarossi pullstart

can you change the pull start to a hex shaft on the novarossi 12 for the nuova faor bike?

novaman
novaman is offline Find More Posts by novaman
Last edited by novaman; Nov 20, 2003 at 09:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2003, 06:34 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,627 Posts
The novarossi C12 motor has a hex head bolt that goes into the oneway bearing inside the crank caseing, but... i bought a roto starter the other day and it fit the internals of the pullstarter perfectly although the mounting holes did'nt,... so i got my money back!... The roto starter is made by DuraTrax and they have 6 different types,... the one i need is made for the picco motor and i've been told that it should fit the novarossi too!...

Anyway, i've changed my mind now and i'm going to get a 2speed tranny for it instead, the pullstarter will do for now!...

The 2speed i found for the gas bike is the HPI RS4 MT supa nitro but i'm still looking for others that will fit the 6mm main drive axle without having to do to much custom work to it!...

-shaun-
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:18 PM
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Joined Mar 2002
90 Posts
i seen the roto start at the hobby store, the nova rossi hex bolt is 10 mm and the roto start they had was bigger than 10 mm.
i think i might tap te 10 mm bolt and insstall a 5 mm hex bolt and use a 5mm start shaft.

let me know how the 2 speed tranny works.

novaman
novaman is offline Find More Posts by novaman