HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:00 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas45 View Post
Mind does I set the low battery alarm for all my planes and helicopter.
What do you have to do the get the tx to stop beeping.?
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:14 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2444 View Post
What do you have to do the get the tx to stop beeping.?
You would have to set Low Voltage Warning to Off.
lucas45 is offline Find More Posts by lucas45
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:34 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas45 View Post
You would have to set Low Voltage Warning to Off.
Really that sounds like a hassle.
I haven't updated to 1.07 yet, maybe by the time I do Hitec will have changed the low volt programming.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:39 PM
East TN
Joined Jan 2005
269 Posts
We not talking the voltage getting low.... receiver + battery just unplug the battery and see if the A9 beeps..not sure why it would because it gets no input from the receiver and
display stays at last voltage
CAT Power is offline Find More Posts by CAT Power
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT Power View Post
We not talking the voltage getting low.... receiver + battery just unplug the battery and see if the A9 beeps..not sure why it would because it gets no input from the receiver and
Mine does it occasionally (maybe 1 in 5). Also happens on my Royal Evo pro with the hitec 2.4 module conversion.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Last edited by Xnaron; Jul 18, 2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:51 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT Power View Post
I have had that on a few rare occasions even before the 1.07 update, it's totally random when it does it.
gquiring is online now Find More Posts by gquiring
Last edited by gquiring; Jul 18, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:08 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
I don't know, but I speculate that the battery status data is sent on regular, but relatively infrequent time periods inasmuch as it is not the same level of criticality as controlling servos; however I am certain no data is sent after the battery is disconnected because there would be no power available to do so. It is also unclear what the TX does with the last battery data sent (if anything).

Understand I am not trying to deprive you of your right to not like this feature but if you were king how would you decree this process to be implemented?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
The A9 beeps when the RX is connected. So the A9 knows it is receiving a signal from that RX. Surely it can tell when the RX stops sending the signal. Once it detects that, disengage the alarm.

Diggs
It's good to be the king, huh Diggs?

I'm not trying to be difficult, and I'll say again, I do like this feature. It is great protection for grabbing a depleted battery and trying to fly, which I've done twice in the past and as you might expect has caused a crash. I just found it strange that it seemingly randomly sounds the alarm when I unplug. 1 in 5 sounds about right, though I can go play with it to be more sure.

Ya know, gguiring - now that I think about it, I also recall the beeping even before I upgraded. Hmm - so maybe it's not a new issue.

For those whose don't set off the alarm, have you updated both the Tx and module?
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:16 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I wonder why some people are getting one result and others a different result?

I tested this on two receivers and I get no beeping on battery removal.

I am running 1.07 and updated the module as well so I have no clue.
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Last edited by going4speed; Jul 19, 2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: edited for 'no' clue not clue...duh
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:20 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,645 Posts
Are you connecting the main battery to the SPC? (I am)
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:26 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Joined Jun 2001
2,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Not all my planes have the SPC port in use, but for the beeping it only occurred on the ones with the SPC port being used, but it's very rare when it happens. It has not happened with 1.07 yet.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:30 PM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,212 Posts
So, overall, what's consensus on this. Is using the SPC and the low voltage alarm better than just using a timer?

I've only had 3 or 4 flights in the last couple of years where I ran the battery to low with the timer.
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Joined Jun 2001
2,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rino View Post
So, overall, what's consensus on this. Is using the SPC and the low voltage alarm better than just using a timer?

I've only had 3 or 4 flights in the last couple of years where I ran the battery to low with the timer.
I love the low voltage alarm, a timer is only as good as the condition of the lipo and can't compensate for how much throttle you use. I will be modifying the rest of my ESC's for the SPC cable ASAP now that we have this alarm.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:43 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:57 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
United States, TX, Henderson
Joined Jan 2010
1,264 Posts
A9 conversion and "spongy" feel update

Quote:
Originally Posted by -S- View Post
Alan,

I believe I have it set properly, but now that you mention it I did get 18 min. out of a pack with more left, perhaps It's not right.

Will re train it a few time.

Thanks! -S-
OK all, if you were holding your breath you can breath again.

I had issues with what felt like "spongy" response after the A9 conversion.

I goofed with a lot of things, and I think it was a combination of a few small things that made it fly bad.

I did re-train the ESC that appeared to be fine.

I DID use end point adjustments to go to 130% and this made a big improvement.

I reset the CG on the plane it was a bit too far back, and I think that may have been the biggest part of it.

As I was packing up tonight at the field heading for home, I notice one other thing that next time will make a difference if I remember to change it.

At some point I moved the Aileron's push rod the the lowest point on the horn, I'm going to put money on if I move them back up I'll be able to do roll's again - It sorta did them tonight and that explains why.

Further proving that putting top of the line hardware in the hands of a newbie anything can happen!

I do love this TX and since I've only been flying a for a few months I have lots of room to love it more as I learn!

I'm learning, thank you all for your contributions....

-S-
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:14 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,225 Posts
When I started in RC, there were no computer radios. So you had to set every plane up properly mechanically as there were no model memories to remember trims and sub-trims.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122