SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Apr 04, 2013, 11:05 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
With the esc out, and shipping included for 140 it still feels like a good deal, but now you've noted the other issues...perhaps not. Ultimately only you can say if it's a good deal or not for you. I don't think the po.. description is fair, but you have it in your hands so you are the best judge of that.

As I mentioned earlier, it's to bad the other party wasn't interested in resolving the issue. For 10 or 15 bucks I think it makes sense to try to make it right. That's up to him/her of course.

Assuming you paid with PP you can file a SNAD complaint and eventually should be able to get all your money back if they find in your favor. Again, good luck and I hope you can ultimately get some satisfaction.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2013, 11:21 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Porcia83... I am aware of the PayPal resolution. But it's not really the money as much as it is the honesty. I think the description was inaccurate as far as the condition is concerned. And then when I questioned the seller it seemed like he was throwing it back at me. It's just BS.... Really wished I'd just bought a new one. Don't think I'll ever shop for planes here again which is a shame. But if this is typical on how deals go down I'd rather pay retail.
TX_FLYER is offline Find More Posts by TX_FLYER
Old Apr 05, 2013, 01:18 AM
Addiction Defined
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_FLYER View Post
Porcia83... I am aware of the PayPal resolution. But it's not really the money as much as it is the honesty. I think the description was inaccurate as far as the condition is concerned. And then when I questioned the seller it seemed like he was throwing it back at me. It's just BS.... Really wished I'd just bought a new one. Don't think I'll ever shop for planes here again which is a shame. But if this is typical on how deals go down I'd rather pay retail.
Really? A bad seller becomes typical of deals here? 100's of items are bought, sold and traded here daily with great success. I wouldn't judge an entire site for the misrepresentation from one seller. Plenty of great honest deals to be had. Ultimately your choice of course
mx_ata2d is offline Find More Posts by mx_ata2d
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2013, 01:58 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,958 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
I've bought used/flown planes here advertised in "mint" condition and they were exactly that. Hardly a scratch on them and no modifications or anything done to them. Looking at the ad and seeing the ESC mounted on the outside, camera was mounted on it, etc.. the red flag would have been raised on the "mint" condition description. Personally I would have offered half of what it's worth new plus shipping as that's typically what this stuff is worth after it's used and flown....mint condition or not. Reading through the ad postings someone offered just that and the seller refused. The seller knew what he wanted $$ and should have put a price on it and shouldn't have shined it up describing it as "mint".
As stated posting your own pictures of the things you aren't happy with will help you out here.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Apr 05, 2013, 03:26 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
267 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
Mint:
Adjective
(of an object) In pristine condition; as new.

A plane with even one repair should not be described as "mint". It's the sellers responsibility to accurately represent the item he's selling. It may function perfectly, but to label the plane as a whole as mint - she better look the part too.

It's very difficult to see any repairs in the photos. I think I see something under the nose, but I would have attributed that to bad lighting or some tape or something as opposed to thinking anything was broken or repaired, solely because the plane was described as in mint condition.

I'd be pissed if I bought the plane and found damage/repairs on arrival, regardless of price paid. I'd be even more upset if the seller gave me the cold shoulder and tried to act as though he didn't misrepresent anything.

And the seller would be defending himself if he didn't think he was at fault, so I very much believe the buyer about the damage and repairs to the airframe. The seller's reply on this thread definitely confirmed that he knew the airframe was not mint whatsoever.
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:10 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,062 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair2014 View Post
My 'mint' means everything WORKS PERFECTLY. ...
'Mint condition' From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mint condition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase comes from the way collectors describe the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a "mint", then mint condition is the condition a coin is in when it leaves the mint. Over time, the term "mint" began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality.

Variations: The term mint condition is often used to describe a collectible item such as an action figure, doll, or toy that is as good as new without any scratches or other damage. The term is also widely used in philately, record collecting, and comic books.

Abbreviations include:
NRFB – Never removed from box
MIB – Mint in box
MIP – Mint in package
MOC – Mint on card (For accessories sold attached to a card)

When describing trading cards, perfect condition is used to describe the condition as it is when pulled from a pack, mint would be new but opened."

~~~

Simply put, your definition of 'mint condition' doesn't meet anyone else's recognized criteria for 'mint condition'. Your bad.
The central point is, did you 'stretch' that definition to make the item appear to be in better condition than it actually was. From the details posted here, it sounds FAR below anything even resembling mint condition, and I for one find it hard to believe any reasonable person could be honestly mistaken about whether something in the condition described is 'mint' or not.
I call shenanigans.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2013, 06:45 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,601 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Stop wasting your time and ours......Let paypal settle this for you...You can take the refund and add some to it, and get yourself a brand spanking new "Mint" one, that fits the description......

Seller was certainly way off in his description of 'mint', whether intentional or not.

The generalization of 'if this is how it is', doesn't do you any favors here...Those of us who have had many successful transactions will defend all the good sellers and buyers,who deliver items as described.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Apr 05, 2013, 07:12 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,639 Posts
Trader Rating: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_FLYER View Post
Porcia83. I knew the ESC and RX were moved. I even knew there were holes made in the fuse. I did not know the wing tips were bent, repair made on top where there's foam missing and covered with tape, the rudder hinges is cracked 1/2 way up, the canopy is cracked, the bottom plastic hatch is broken... Scratches, dings and dents from hell... And yeah I'd rather pay $45 more for a new one than what I paid for this pos.. Horizon ships free...
And yet still nothing from the good ol' seller. No resolution. No nothing.
Doesn't sound Mint Condition to me.....I'd say the Sale thread was a lil False on the item description....No Doubt.....

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Apr 05, 2013, 07:20 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
perhaps a resolution can still be had short of going the PP route.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Apr 05, 2013, 07:23 AM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Stop wasting your time and ours......Let paypal settle this for you...You can take the refund and add some to it, and get yourself a brand spanking new "Mint" one, that fits the description......

Seller was certainly way off in his description of 'mint', whether intentional or not.

The generalization of 'if this is how it is', doesn't do you any favors here...Those of us who have had many successful transactions will defend all the good sellers and buyers,who deliver items as described.
I am sure there are plenty of great sellers here. But what meant was limited to used planes and not every other item for sale. I've purchased a couple other things here and it all worked out fine. I'm just disappointed in this seller. That was the point I was making...
Last edited by TX_FLYER; Apr 05, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old Apr 05, 2013, 08:02 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,601 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Point taken-after this discussion,-in my opinion-you don't seem upset enough to pursue a Paypal resolution..

If it were me, I'd go for a 'negative' trader rating-(item not as described)......
You have the option of giving a 'neutral' since you're accepting a below par item, but don't feel strongly enough to demand compensation.

Those trader ratings help everyone choose whether to buy from someone or not.
If you don't alert someone who hasn't read this exchange of information, he can walk down the same path you took,not knowing any better.

A 'retaliatory'negative ,resulting from yours, doesn't last very long,on appeal, if that's what you're concerned about..
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Apr 05, 2013, 08:13 AM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Point taken-after this discussion,-in my opinion-you don't seem upset enough to pursue a Paypal resolution..

If it were me, I'd go for a 'negative' trader rating-(item not as described)......
You have the option of giving a 'neutral' since you're accepting a below par item, but don't feel strongly enough to demand compensation.

Those trader ratings help everyone choose whether to buy from someone or not.
If you don't alert someone who hasn't read this exchange of information, he can walk down the same path you took,not knowing any better.

A 'retaliatory'negative ,resulting from yours, doesn't last very long,on appeal, if that's what you're concerned about..
Ratings and feedback are what they are for both the sellers and buyers. I just wanted to get communities opinion before leaving any. I also wanted to give the seller the opportunity to correct his mistake. I hate to jump the gun and leave feedback in the heat of the moment.
Old Apr 05, 2013, 08:43 AM
Joined Mar 2013
34 Posts
Problem has been resolved with seller. I'm closing the thread. Thanks!
Closed Thread