"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBarless View Post
Didn't know you could throw that hard Sebbe

Thanks for clearing that up Alien Tech.

Interesting points about ground and air speed. Doppler can be a confusing thing sometimes. I don't blame him for getting confused though, it took me ages to understand the concept. It was only when I first heard the F3D models going around the pylons that it finally clicked.
I throw very hard

really, this gps showed right numbers quite often but sometimes it was really bad, so to me its not good enough as i dont know which numbers is right at the end..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:23 PM
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
869 Posts
The problem with these small GPS systems is mainly that they are not able to handle accereration above 4G.
According to Stefan Merz ( manufacturer of the SM-Logging system) this is the limit of the sensors which are obviously used in all small gps systems, so all of them will have the same problem.
Some F5d or F5b will have higher G-forces even at acceleration under power in straight line,in corners it may be higher than 35G!

If you log the hole flight as a speed graph it may be possible to sort out strange readings especially when you have also an altitude graph to compare.
Some guys in the german forum did some serious developement on software to eliminate the rubbish but it seem to require a lot of knowledge and the intention to get proper readings and not the highest possible speed to claim.

Systems which are only able to give the highest speednumbers or max altitude or average speed are simply useless.

Yello
Mreyello is offline Find More Posts by Mreyello
Last edited by Mreyello; Jan 26, 2013 at 02:29 PM.