SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:38 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,075 Posts
Yeah D, there is something about grass strips. Before the economy went down the tubes we were busy all day Saturdays and Sundays with people just wanting to land and take off from there. Back then there was an excellent little country diner directly across the street so folks came in from LA, MS, AL and GA just to grab the $100 hamburger. Also get all of the Tail Dragger students in the area.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:20 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
It snowed?

I ran I-75 Wed. Evening/night it was 75 or 80 for the most part. Slowed down to 66 to over take and pass the state patrol. Occasionally there was the 45-50 waitIng for a car to get out of the passing lane.

Last night then in northern Ohio there was 2" or something, so I went on a bicyle ride. Whoops. The bike path was fine, the road wasn't. Almost laid it down a few times. Maybe I shouldn't be running 700x28 slicks in snow. Once moving it was fine (sorta) taking off from a stop was near impossible.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:05 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
We're in East/Central Ohio. Coshocton County. Pronounce that one. We've counted at least 5 different ways just listening to the broadcasters on the local radio.
I have enough done for the day. Spend a little time tomorrow cleaning up a couple of loose flakes. Time for warm up with a little Glenlivet; easy on the rocks
I'd guess: \/kəˈʃɒktən/ , just like it's spelt.

There has been a lot of snow left by that Central-US storm, I'd make it 8-16" with a small spot of over-16" near you. Fate, I guess. Northern NY State has that, plus the usual lake effect snow depths. And it's just the beginning of Winter. Ugh.

Let's see how "transferrable" this dynamic "snowcover" weather image is:

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:33 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
Ah, that's a tight situation. Down heah, when there are snow warnings everybody stocks up on bread and milk. Invariably. It's a running joke.

And, much to my embarrassment, I'm out of bread, milk, and dog food, so I need to hustle my tush out into the cold and get some. Brrrr.
Maybe she's looking for some quality time. Been spending too much time in the Man Castle? A break would be good.

--Bill
I hope the dog is not looking at you and licking his chops... Best get to dog some food...
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:14 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Even got people-food, so the dog is safe. For the time being.

--Bill
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:50 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Bill, that map looks real close. It's hard to judge accumulation due to blowing and compaction but I'd say we managed two seven inch snows since Christmas.
56S is online now Find More Posts by 56S
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:40 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Ah, that Snow Accumulation map image posted here changes from day-to-day as it's updated. Yesterday it showed only a small spot of thicker snow where Coshocton County, Ohio is, and today there shows a broad area of thicker show. Neat side-effect of linking to that type of Intellicast map.

Earlier map attached below FYI.

Yep, ya'll have had some serious show the past week. Stay warm.

--Bill
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Now look at the map. Maybe the snow that was stuck in the trees blew down. We did have dusting overnight.
56S is online now Find More Posts by 56S
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:16 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
My new home.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)