HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:10 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
398 Posts
I agree that the most normal from Frsky is that they would produced a "Full telemetry display" to be pluged into the existing telemetry tx modules before releasing DHT-U.

For the non rf module radios DHT-U is ok as it is , but for the ones that have modules and are not so skilled in solding it is not a "fit and forget" product. They should have done a "fake" tx module in whitch to plug the DHT-U like PLMS did on post #37 .
debianhot is offline Find More Posts by debianhot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:52 PM
openrc*****s *****
United Kingdom, England, Guildford
Joined Sep 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debianhot View Post
I agree that the most normal from Frsky is that they would produced a "Full telemetry display" to be pluged into the existing telemetry tx modules before releasing DHT-U.

For the non rf module radios DHT-U is ok as it is , but for the ones that have modules and are not so skilled in solding it is not a "fit and forget" product. They should have done a "fake" tx module in whitch to plug the DHT-U like PLMS did on post #37 .
I 100% agree! Simply can't see the point of the DHT-U module in it's current format.
rob.thomson is offline Find More Posts by rob.thomson
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:42 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
Guys the small FDD (or FLD-01 or LCD-FDD_Lite) unit seems at closer look to be purely intended for use as a toolbox field programmer. It does not (at this stage) save the values you set on it for the voltage dividers, meaning that each time you use it you need to set Ain1 and Ain2 again to read the real battery voltages in the model.
It does save the alarm values to the DJT or DFT modules though, just like the PC software does (it's intended function).
And the voltage divider settings are only integers?
from 1 to 10?
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:49 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,876 Posts
Yup, I'm dissapointed as well.

What a let down.
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:02 PM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,145 Posts
So the "variometer" sounds more like an altimeter in the instructions. How do alarms work for that sensor?
dang is online now Find More Posts by dang
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:59 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,876 Posts
I was hoping the vario would plug into AD2 and use one of the tones in the tx module.
Renatoa, how is your vario coming along?
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:49 AM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Apr 2003
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uphiearl View Post
I use an Ardupilot and display it on the TX LCD on 10 screens
No external things hanging out !
All internal in the 9x.
Plus I have an autopilot with GPS, waypoints, stabilization, auto mode, takeoff/landing, and more to come.
I may modify the firmware to be able to change the waypoints while in the air.

Pic 1 is latitude/longitude ......great for lost plane
Pic 2 pitch and roll of plane ... if you lose sight of plane
Pic 3 stuff that goes in plane
Pic 4 xBee 2way telemetry unit in er9x.

Looks really cool with 2 antennas too !

Put FPV video on plane and you have a UAV that costs less than a USED Reaper (if you could get one)
Cost ??? about $300.00 Is YOUR plane worth it ?
I like this, but it would be better if we could do away with the XBee and use the FrSky telemetry connectivity instead. Much cleaner/simpler solution for FrSky users and I'd be quite happy to only have 1 antenna ;-)
horsj is offline Find More Posts by horsj
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:02 AM
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1969 View Post
NEW Informations (Frame Protocol of FrSky Telemetry Hub System):
http://www.frsky-rc.com/uploadfile/2...7110301692.pdf
Some more oficial information on the new hub protocol , thanks HC1969 !!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:44 AM
Joined Dec 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debianhot View Post

My (first ever to RCgroups) 5c to Frsky telemetry hub and sensor discussion theme:

A few days ago I sold Assan Combo to buy Frsky Combo (just) for telemetry reasons. And what I find out? If I want to use telemetry, I have to buy DHT-U, because I cannot use DFT module + some kind of display to get info from sensors and telemetry hub! Frsky, I do not understand you, really.

I completely agree with debianhot: PLEASE make "full" telemetry display just to be plugged into existing DFT and DJT modules or modify Lite display so it could show ALL telemetry info. And separate powersource for standalone display would probably be also great. That way radio battery does not have to support display. I'm wondering how much does DHT-U drain battery of radio (PLMS, could you give us that info?)...

That solution would be much safer, because if someone by mistake disconnects DFT-U from radio (if you use PLMS metod of attaching unit to radio), not only telemetry, controll of plane goes bye, bye!!! Imagine that happens to someone new to RC stuff who wants to have latest in telemetry solutions?

Best regards from Slovenia,

I.
MightyS5 is offline Find More Posts by MightyS5
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:01 AM
Joined Mar 2009
295 Posts
Current FrSky LCD-fdd_lite (under the name of FLD-01) serves as portable fdd_lite program, which users had to use PC to program before the FLD-01’s release. It can be plugged into FrSky telemetry module by the provided cable, show two analog voltages, Rx RSSI, Tx RSSI and is capable of programming alarm thresholds and directions on-screen.

Another LCD will be available soon, which can show all sensor data like DHT-U besides current functions of FLD-01. Details will follow, please be patient.
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Last edited by Chase Wu; Jul 27, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:08 AM
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
Current FrSky LCD-fdd_lite (under the name of FLD-01) serves as portable fdd_lite program, which users had to use PC to program before the FLD-01ís release. It can be plugged into FrSky telemetry module by the provided cable, show two analog voltages, Rx RSSI, Tx RSSI and is capable of programming alarm thresholds and directions on-screen.

Another LCD will be available soon, which can show all sensor data like DHT-U besides current functions of FLD-01. Details will follow, please be patient.
For sure that would be a good news (and a mass seller ??) .
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:12 AM
Joined Dec 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Current FrSky LCD-fdd_lite (under the name of FLD-01) serves as portable fdd_lite program, which users had to use PC to program before the FLD-01ís release. It can be plugged into FrSky telemetry module by the provided cable, show two analog voltages, Rx RSSI, Tx RSSI and is capable of programming alarm thresholds and directions on-screen.

Tnx for fast replay Chase Wu. I'm following Frsky threads for long time and I really like that Frsky is listening to their costumers. That was also one of reasons I switched from Assan to Frsky solutions. I'm looking forward to using Frsky tech.

I.
MightyS5 is offline Find More Posts by MightyS5
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:19 AM
Spain, CN, Tacoronte
Joined Jul 2003
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyS5 View Post
I sold Assan Combo to buy Frsky Combo (just) for telemetry reasons.....
Me too !! but not only for the telemetry , its much quicker booting up and its a true diversity rx .
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:03 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,669 Posts
Quote:
I've been patient since it was announced. I'll continue to do so since its my only option. You guys are making some really nice cutting-edge stuff. I think the wait will be worth it albeit, a frustrating wait.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:25 AM
New in all but 20Y hobbyist
Gratens, little place around Toulouse...
Joined Dec 2007
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsonman View Post
I've been patient since it was announced. I'll continue to do so since its my only option. You guys are making some really nice cutting-edge stuff. I think the wait will be worth it albeit, a frustrating wait.
Watching the game, Having a BUD....
lothar2048 is offline Find More Posts by lothar2048