SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:18 PM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Help!
Need a Machine shop in the USA to Cut Carbon Fiber

Hoping someone could suggest a machine shop here in the US (Michigan would be awesome) to cut small flat carbon fiber panels. I have a specific design in mind and could supply all the necessary files but I only need someone able to do the cutting for me.

The maximum thickness would be 1.5mm. Thanks in advance for any leads.
Feel free to PM if you'd rather not share in public.
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:38 PM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Dec 2003
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnaimless View Post
Hoping someone could suggest a machine shop here in the US (Michigan would be awesome) to cut small flat carbon fiber panels. I have a specific design in mind and could supply all the necessary files but I only need someone able to do the cutting for me.

The maximum thickness would be 1.5mm. Thanks in advance for any leads.
Feel free to PM if you'd rather not share in public.
Try this link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cnc+carbon+fiber
aeroanalysis is offline Find More Posts by aeroanalysis
Old Mar 27, 2011, 02:13 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroanalysis View Post
Nice...

Try Dragonplate
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:00 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Nice...

Try Dragonplate
I was considering DragonPlate already. What is the communities opinion on the quality of their Carbon Fiber?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:18 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroanalysis View Post
Yeah. I know how to google. Thought one of you might want a little business and I'd also like someone already trusted on RCG. So that means if you have the ability to CNC carbon fiber, you can forget me as your customer.

It's arrogant, rude stuff like this that keeps people off these forums. I understand that it was just a goof but your attempt to gain a laugh by your peers at another's expense does nothing good for your business.

I'll be sure to share my opinions and experienced of how I was treated by Vanilla Aircraft, LLC representatives on RcGroups though. But I'm sure a little guy like me doesn't matter to your fabulous enterprise.

Sad. All that knowledge without wisdom.
Closed Thread