HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:41 PM
Tracy, CA, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2010
26 Posts
Question
Will Wasp V4/Belt 250 parts fit on Wasp V3?

Howdy all! Newbie here...

I had a quick question... I was looking for replacement "tail rotor holder set" and was wondering if the metal/aluminum set that is available for the V4/Belt 250 would fit into the Wasp V3. I was looking at some of the V4 parts (ie: framesets, etc.), & it seems many of them would... but I'm just 'eye-balling' it.
cfanto is offline Find More Posts by cfanto
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:21 PM
Pontiac/Auburn Hills, Michigan USA
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfanto View Post
Howdy all! Newbie here...

I had a quick question... I was looking for replacement "tail rotor holder set" and was wondering if the metal/aluminum set that is available for the V4/Belt 250 would fit into the Wasp V3. I was looking at some of the V4 parts (ie: framesets, etc.), & it seems many of them would... but I'm just 'eye-balling' it.

Yes many of the V4 parts are interchangable with the V3 parts and vice versa.

Always better to email us at our website to find out which ones will work.

The frame set will work, however recommend upgrading the whole tail section with the metal parts as they are designed to work together and some do not match up with the plastic version counterpart.
You can contact me directly at:
max@parkrcmodels.com

for complete parts list with free shipping on most orders go to:

www.parkrcmodels.com or www.skyartec-usa.com

hope that helps

Max
skyartec-usa is offline Find More Posts by skyartec-usa
Old Feb 28, 2010, 02:16 AM
Tracy, CA, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2010
26 Posts
Thanks Max!

When I bust up the Wasp V3 some more, I'll be thinking about going all aluminum for the tail rotor holder & associated assemblies.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:44 PM
Airwolf57
I live in Injune Queensland which is about 825klms from Brisbane heading North
Joined Mar 2010
18 Posts
New Wasp V3

Hi all great to read about my Helicopter... I have purchased the Wasp V3 7ch 2.4g and Im pretty pleased I bought it... Only trouble is I have flown it only twice and doesnt seem to like to hover at all ... I have stripped the main gear already and I even had training Kit on.. My supplier in Hongkong claims that they test fly all machines before delivery but I tell you maybe I am used to Co-Axials and this is my first 2 Blade Machine.. I know one thing it doesnt like even a small amount of wind and thats one of the reasons I bought it I thought it would take some little wind and fly Outside but maybe I have made a big mistake... I have to wait now for Hongkong to send Main Gear and I have also ordered from Skyartec also... So I hope I get more flying time in the future when I refit the gear..
Any tips from you all out there would be most helpful for me as I am only one in my Country Town In Australia population 500 that flies Helicopters and of course no Hobby shops for miles.. Thank goodness for Internet...Anyway if you can give me any clues It would be great... I might upgrade to metal parts but I wont spend money on the Wasp until I know its worth it.

Regard

The Airwolf - Australia
Airwolf57 is offline Find More Posts by Airwolf57
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:19 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf57 View Post
Hi all great to read about my Helicopter... I have purchased the Wasp V3 7ch 2.4g and Im pretty pleased I bought it... Only trouble is I have flown it only twice and doesnt seem to like to hover at all ... I have stripped the main gear already and I even had training Kit on.. My supplier in Hongkong claims that they test fly all machines before delivery but I tell you maybe I am used to Co-Axials and this is my first 2 Blade Machine.. I know one thing it doesnt like even a small amount of wind and thats one of the reasons I bought it I thought it would take some little wind and fly Outside but maybe I have made a big mistake... I have to wait now for Hongkong to send Main Gear and I have also ordered from Skyartec also... So I hope I get more flying time in the future when I refit the gear..
Any tips from you all out there would be most helpful for me as I am only one in my Country Town In Australia population 500 that flies Helicopters and of course no Hobby shops for miles.. Thank goodness for Internet...Anyway if you can give me any clues It would be great... I might upgrade to metal parts but I wont spend money on the Wasp until I know its worth it.

Regard

The Airwolf - Australia
You will find the WASP V3 a great performer. Checkout the download section at www.skyartec.com which is the factory website for the SOP manuals to properly setup the pitch and other adjustments.
Yes the factory test flies all helicopters before they are shipped. Sometimes they can get out of adjustment during shipping. Send me your Serial number off of the helicopter and I will get you a link to the factory test flight video.

If we can help in any way, let us know, as we are the Factory Authorized Distributor in the USA.

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:57 PM
Tracy, CA, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf57 View Post

Regard

The Airwolf - Australia
I got my used Wasp V3 free with my Big Lama acquisition. I otherwise would never think about ever starting off with a 6CH Collective Pitched heli. At first, I couldn't get her to do anything, much less hover. It wasn't till after reading the manuals & forums that I realized the tail rotors were spinning in the wrong direction. So I decided to completely take the heli apart (except for the rotor head assembly) and after a few tweaks (such as straightening out the 'warped' airframe) I was able to finally get her to hover! It was such a rush to see her in the air & actually responding to stick controls (instead of doing its own thing)! I still do all my nose-in & figure-8 practicing on the Big Lama, though.

My Wasp V3 is currently on the sidelines as I snapped off one of the ball-ends on the CNC swash plate. I was using 'normal' pliers to remove the ball-link off and then snap! I've since learned my lesson & ordered a ball-link plier.

Looking on the swashplate, the ball-ends appear to screw-on/off. Anyone know if I can just buy the ball-end pieces?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
Tracy, CA, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
I got my used Wasp V3 free with my Big Lama acquisition. I otherwise would never think about ever starting off with a 6CH Collective Pitched heli. At first, I couldn't get her to do anything, much less hover. It wasn't till after reading the manuals & forums that I realized the tail rotors were spinning in the wrong direction. So I decided to completely take the heli apart (except for the rotor head assembly) and after a few tweaks (such as straightening out the 'warped' airframe) I was able to finally get her to hover! It was such a rush to see her in the air & actually responding to stick controls (instead of doing its own thing)! I still do all my nose-in & figure-8 practicing on the Big Lama, though.

My Wasp V3 is currently on the sidelines as I snapped off one of the ball-ends on the CNC swash plate. I was using 'normal' pliers to remove the ball-link off and then snap! I've since learned my lesson & ordered a ball-link plier.

Looking on the swashplate, the ball-ends appear to screw-on/off. Anyone know if I can just buy the ball-end pieces?
OK... I was able to answer my own question. A few weeks ago, I ordered a screw-set for the Wasp v4... it just arrived yesterday. I was expecting only screws... fortunately, it came with what I needed . I carefully drilled out the old part, but it's back together again.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:03 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
964 Posts
Quote:
...I snapped off one of the ball-ends on the CNC swash plate. I was using 'normal' pliers to remove the ball-link off and then snap! I've since learned my lesson & ordered a ball-link plier.

Finding a ball-link plier for these small ball links has been difficult; most are made for 400 class or larger helicopters
Let us know what you find out and if the ones you ordered fit the tiny balls and links

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:02 PM
Tracy, CA, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Finding a ball-link plier for these small ball links has been difficult; most are made for 400 class or larger helicopters
Let us know what you find out and if the ones you ordered fit the tiny balls and links

Max
Ah... my inexperience, shows again...
I didn't realize there were different sizes. I figured a plier was a plier... crap!

It really sucks to not have a local hobby shop (ours closed last year due to this bad economy)... it's like a 2 hour round trip to get to one.