Closed Thread
Old Nov 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mode One View Post
Mike, It's my opinion you were hijacking that thread. I asked you nicely 3 times to start your own build thread! Now, your following me around, posting off topic comments, PMing me with harassment and thinking your embarrassing me when in reality, your only embarrassing yourself! Grow UP!!

I've reported the above post and placed you on my ignore list! Bye!
Just a simple question.
Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:11 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,618 Posts
Saucerguy: to your post, Of the three LHS's near me, one is pretty much old school, but too far for me to easily get to. The second is pretty much like you describe, lots of rtf/arfs, not too much building materials. (now I have to qualify this. they started and still specialize in RC Cars, and have anything for that genre that one could want! - different strokes) The third is an independent guy who split off from a small chain when they closed a store. He really does it right, has tons of building materials, kits, along with the cash cow arf's, I suppose. Even has a work bench with some plane in process everytime I've been there. Unfortunately I don't give him the support I might as my building materials are mostly DS foam and Dow blucor! But I do get screws, wire, connectors, etc, and am happy to get them locally. So in my case, I should be thankful for the guys buying ARF's and keeping him in business!
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Saucerguy: to your post, Of the three LHS's near me, one is pretty much old school, but too far for me to easily get to. The second is pretty much like you describe, lots of rtf/arfs, not too much building materials. (now I have to qualify this. they started and still specialize in RC Cars, and have anything for that genre that one could want! - different strokes) The third is an independent guy who split off from a small chain when they closed a store. He really does it right, has tons of building materials, kits, along with the cash cow arf's, I suppose. Even has a work bench with some plane in process everytime I've been there. Unfortunately I don't give him the support I might as my building materials are mostly DS foam and Dow blucor! But I do get screws, wire, connectors, etc, and am happy to get them locally. So in my case, I should be thankful for the guys buying ARF's and keeping him in business!
Sounds like FlightLine Hobby in Lapeer? ... GREAT shop!
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:58 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,618 Posts
very perceptive!!!!
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2010, 07:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
very perceptive!!!!
You can tell the owner is an old school builder and gas flyer (and a good one at that), yet he makes me feel right at home whether I'm buying a balsa kit, or a foamie ARF. Best prices in town, great service, and a friendly owner. A builders mecca.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
I would love to find an old fashion hobby shop like the one that triggered my thread on them! Those of you who still have them around, should attempt to make their owners very prosperous!!
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Last edited by Mode One; Nov 30, 2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:10 PM
United States, WA, Yacolt
Joined Dec 2005
1,026 Posts
What's the address, phone number and web site for FlightLine Hobby? Might as well give them a plug here for doing it correctly!
saucerguy is offline Find More Posts by saucerguy
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
http://www.flightlinehobby.us/
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
They offer free seminars on covering, building, etc.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:44 AM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
With laser cutting, there is no reason to not have a short kit on demand business. Cut when ordered and have LOTS of things that can be ordered.

Still a labor of love though.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Nov 30, 2010, 05:40 AM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
With laser cutting, there is no reason to not have a short kit on demand business. Cut when ordered and have LOTS of things that can be ordered.

Still a labor of love though.
There are several still out there. They'll cut almost anything but normally advertise they cut for the larger plans suppliers. I'm not sure if they would cut say a Goldberg kit from their plans due to copyright laws. I might be wrong on this. Building is just plan fun after years of staying away from it I found myself drawn back into it. Guess I missed the smell and sawdust.
Mike
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:11 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Last edited by Mode One; Dec 02, 2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:16 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,064 Posts
Quote:
Mike, I don't like you, I just don't want you posting in my threads!
Reported.
Mike
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:23 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Last edited by Mode One; Dec 02, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:25 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,064 Posts
Quote:
I still don't like you Mike Report me all you like it doesn't change things! So, have fun!
Please keep your personal feelings out of this and stay on topic.
Thanks
Mike
Closed Thread