HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2015, 08:23 PM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
Oh u were asking about the mode on the devo 7e. I have it on MOD 1. It is 0.0%. Not sure about the props.. basically all the fans are placed as on the instruction and tight. battery pack is inside the quad. Landing gears are tightly placed. few wires are coming out. i think its for the camera mount. other than that quad looks good.

The modal type is helicopter. On LCD also logo of helicopter showing

I have 2 switches set to 0. right throttle is on 0 as well. so when i slowly raise the throttle the quad lifts up little bit, little more throttle it flips on the ground. Dont know what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Are you sure the props are on correctly. Quads usually flip like that if they are not installed at the correct place and spinning the correct way.

You didn't say which model you selected in the Devo 7e radio.
wave343 is offline Find More Posts by wave343
Last edited by wave343; Feb 26, 2015 at 09:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2015, 09:19 PM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
I really appreciate your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave343 View Post
Oh u were asking about the mode on the devo 7e. I have it on MOD 1. It is 0.0%. Not sure about the props.. basically all the fans are placed as on the instruction and tight. battery pack is inside the quad. Landing gears are tightly placed. few wires are coming out. i think its for the camera mount. other than that quad looks good.

The modal type is helicopter. On LCD also logo of helicopter showing

I have 2 switches set to 0. right throttle is on 0 as well. so when i slowly raise the throttle the quad lifts up little bit, little more throttle it flips on the ground. Dont know what to do?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 08:55 AM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
i double checked. the blades are spinning at right directions as marked on it
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:48 AM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
I did my own analysis.. It looks like the back two blades are lifting up first. On pushing more throttle back two feet raises and its turning 180 degree to ground. Not sure why the front two legs didn't lift together with back? Although they look to be spinning at same speed. Do I have defective quad? Or need to program devo 7e
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:18 PM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wave343 View Post
I did my own analysis.. It looks like the back two blades are lifting up first. On pushing more throttle back two feet raises and its turning 180 degree to ground. Not sure why the front two legs didn't lift together with back? Although they look to be spinning at same speed. Do I have defective quad? Or need to program devo 7e
Maybe there are a couple of basics that could help. If you haven't already, run the transmitter stick calibration so that you can be sure your sticks are properly calibrated (be sure to center trims before you start). Also, have you calibrated the Quad? I don't have that model, but I'm sure there is a calibration routine that basically sets up the internal gyros and accelerometers.

Lastly, I think I saw a Deviation model for the QRX350 on DeviationTX.com. In my opinion, there is a LOT of reading that could help you get started, and for the money I would want to read as much as possible about this model.

And I'm sure someone else has mentioned it... if you haven't already, get one of the small quads (under $30) and practice, practice, practice!
JW57RC is offline Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Feb 27, 2015, 04:24 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
7,011 Posts
I don't think wave343's Devo 7e is running Deviation yet.

So selecting a "Heli" model may be the wrong thing to be doing. A simple airplane model is better for flying a quad than a heli model if you're running stock firmwares.

Definitely grab a cheep quadcopter to play with. It'll elevate you skill set to the level needed to not damage your QR350.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 27, 2015, 05:50 PM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
121 Posts
Quote:
Right Missed that. Sorry...

Hope you get this sorted out.
JW57RC is offline Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Feb 27, 2015, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
Thank you for your response.. I will certainly try that

Quote:

So selecting a "Heli" model may be the wrong thing to be doing. A simple airplane model is better for flying a quad than a heli model if you're running stock firmwares.

Definitely grab a cheep quadcopter to play with. It'll elevate you skill set to the level needed to not damage your QR350.