Old Jun 09, 2015, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by gtfreeflyer
Put a bigger motor on it!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,596 Posts
Question
Loading custom planes into the simulator

I currently have RF3.5 but am shopping around for a new sim and perhaps someone could suggest something that meets my needs below. I haven't been keeping up with the sims ever since RF3.5 was brand new, so I'm a little behind here...

1. I have a 3D cad model of a plane I'd like to add to the sim
2. The plane I'd like to add has a modified verison of the paparazzi autopilot and I'd like to simulate it as best as possible. Perhaps a sim can let me tweak settings or write my own control code?
3. The plane is VTOL and transitions to forward flight. If current simulators won't allow this, then perhaps I am willing to make two versions of my custom plane. One would act like a quadcopter in vertical mode. The 2nd version would takeoff/land in the conventional horizontal direction such as traditional airplanes or flying wings. It's not ideal, but I can deal with two versions.
4. I need to be able to use my own transmitter to plug into the PC.

I'm not interested in the game modes, multiplayer, etc, so these are not selling points for me. I would like to load my custom designs and simulate them as best as possible. All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Also, the next phase after selecting a sim will be to find someone who can convert the CAD files and put my plane into the sim and have it be as realistic as possible given the stuff I mentioned above. If you have experience with this and can produce high quality models, please let me know and show me some examples of your work. You can reply here or PM me. I am willing compensate you for your time if we can get a realistic model loaded and flying in the sim.

Thanks!
gtfreeflyer is offline Find More Posts by gtfreeflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2015, 02:57 AM
Find More Posts by Buschbarber
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,296 Posts
Get RF 7.5
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:38 AM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,596 Posts
I see that I can add my own custom model, but can you add an autopilot and tweak it to your liking, or am I limited to drop down menus?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:03 AM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,596 Posts
Is there anyone in Southern California that could help me?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:04 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,596 Posts
Bump. Still looking for someone in SoCal. Willing to pay for your time. I have the CAD model surfaces. Just need your experience bringing it thru the exporter and into the simulator. RealFlight preferred. PM me if you can do this. Thanks.