New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by sainttjames
CrashDoc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2005
7 Posts
I saw those wheels with the brakes, but some of the comments scared me off.

The scale alloy rubber wheels seem like a good alternative as they also come with bushings to fit various axels, and they seem like they might last.
sainttjames is online now Find More Posts by sainttjames
Last edited by sainttjames; Jul 28, 2015 at 09:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by I want to C OSD
Joined Feb 2011
59 Posts
The wheel options post

Hi St J...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainttjames View Post
I saw those wheels with the brakes, but some of the comments scared me off.
Yes I agree... so far as having purchased them I also will believe in 'em when I see 'em work. My second thought was that maybe if these wheels failed I could possibly get the brake part working on another set of wheels, that you mention below. Replace a bit here, a bit there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainttjames View Post
The scale alloy rubber wheels seem like a good alternative as they also come with bushings to fit various axels, and they seem like they might last.
Yes I agree at face value they sound good and I did not pick up on the fact that the clear/white plastic things were interchangeable bushings... they don't display that well on my 12" laptop screen so thanks for the tip - somehow I missed the comments that refer to them. I didn't put much thought into them really, in the back of my mind I think I dismissed them as dust caps.
Curious however that they put together a "1 piece lathed aluminium" hub but use 2 plastic end caps as a bush... I cannot find any spare plastic caps on HK's store. Perhaps those with access to a workshop could fashion a bearing and support for it... unfortunately not I.

Buying HK can really be a crap-shoot at times. The description does indeed sound good, but then -

"They are not rubber, they are foam rubber that has been vulcanised on the outside to appear like rubber, may not wear well on sealed runways."

However...

"simply the best scale alloy rubber wheels ive used been flyin in new zealnd n ozzy for 30 years cant get more than 1 season outta all the yankee rubbish and ive got em all mate' worn out guts n foam stuffed tyres, wake up guys hobby city sells the best . buy a pair you can leave to ya grand kids! taa h..c your the best "
This msg gives me mixed messages

& this "bad bad quality wheels, foam, recyclable,!!"

& this "Have these wheels my self. They fit various shaft widths with different size plastic inserts. They also give good cushioning on landings."

So again for me, I will believe it when I see it! Along with the "Turnigy 70mm Wheel with Integral Braking System" (reduced to $21.04 ATM so I won't shed a tear if it's a piece of c#*@!) I have on the way a "Scale alloy hub rubber wheel 2.75inch" as a possible front wheel and to see what it's like. Additionally a "Turnigy 68mm Alloy Wheel/Rubber Tyre" is on the way mainly because it has available a "Turnigy 68mm Replacement Rubber Tyre"... yep, on the way as well! (Forgot about this option, now added to the original post)

So when these arrive I will be able to answer a few basic questions on them, tho for the real test the maiden is a fair way off.
I want to C OSD is offline Find More Posts by I want to C OSD
Last edited by I want to C OSD; Jul 31, 2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Oops, another typo <sigh>