New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by CanadianBird
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
Discussion
CF-105 (AVRO ARROW) build questions

Hello fellow EDF enthusiasts! This may be old news to some, but I have been sitting on the Hobby King Avro Arrow model for quite some time now and have finally had the time to start looking at it. having done some research on the good old inter web. I have established that it is underpowered for its weight with a 70mm edf. Also it seems to be very tail heavy which is to be expected from this delta wing setup. having done some chin scratching I have decided to try the 78mm 2120kv -2000watt edf unit from DPS.

(http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._2000watt.html)

With this I will be running it with a 6s 3200mah ??C battery. Now i am not sure what size of esc to go with will an 80 be good enough or will a 100 be better. I modified the battery slot so i could shove that 6s brick into the front area.

THIS IS THE START OF THIS BUILD! ANY ADVICE/OPINIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
CanadianBird is offline Find More Posts by CanadianBird
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,854 Posts
I would just use a high power 70mm on 4s 4000 batt.the ducting would match Better and batt should be lighter and have longer flights. Use a het or we no 70mm fan.....the cheap 6vs 12 blade fans sre amp hogs.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by CanadianBird
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
I would just use a high power 70mm on 4s 4000 batt.the ducting would match Better and batt should be lighter and have longer flights. Use a het or we no 70mm fan.....the cheap 6vs 12 blade fans sre amp hogs.
my power requirements are being based on a 2kg flying weight. i couldnt find a 70mm powerful enough to have a greater than 1:1 static power/weight ratio.
CanadianBird is offline Find More Posts by CanadianBird
Old Dec 28, 2014, 02:06 AM
Find More Posts by Radar-Guy
EDF Vulcan To The Sky
Near Koblenz, Germany
Joined Jul 2002
218 Posts
How about this fan?

http://www.jepejets.com/jepeshop/fan...s-7-blade.html
Radar-Guy is offline Find More Posts by Radar-Guy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Jepe Hunter
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by ca_fingers
Been there , Crashed that
Joined Mar 2010
105 Posts
Make no mistake these birds end up very very nose heavy not tail heavy . Myself and buffythesaint had to place a fair amount of led in the tail to achieve proper cg . If i remember correct the cg in the manual is wrong . I believe it balances at 9" back from the l.e. at the fuse . I had a hoffman magnetics wild beast in mine . It had tons of power due to the large wing area . My battery vented during flight and i lost the bird . Choose your powerplant wisely givin there isnt alot of room for large flight packs. Buffys thread should still be on here and is worth the read. Good luck
ca_fingers is offline Find More Posts by ca_fingers