New Products Flash Sale

ProBoat Blackjack 24-inch Catamaran

ProBoats Latest Blackjack is due to arrive later this month

Splash

It's Almost Here

The ProBoat Blackjack 24 Catamaran is due to arrive in Late September. This boat will haul serious butt and comes Ready To Run, only requiring you to provide your own batteries. The power system is comprised of a 2000Kv brushless motor and a 30A marine ESC. Both are water-cooled and the electronics are sealed away keeping the water out. It's capable of speeds up 25MPH and it appears to handle great as seen in the video below.

Learn more about the Blackjack 24

Thread Tools
Old Sep 08, 2014, 03:01 PM
John234 is offline
Find More Posts by John234
RC Aviation Freak
John234's Avatar
United States, FL
Joined Jun 2014
248 Posts
I think this will really be a winner! I can't wait until it is available.

Subscribed!

John234 is offline Find More Posts by John234
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2014, 06:55 AM
jpvybes is offline
Find More Posts by jpvybes
Registered User
Joined Oct 2014
5 Posts
Blackjack 24 Issues

Well was excited to open up the new Blackjack 24 and take it for a drive with my son but as soon as I unstrapped the velcro for the battery tie downs, the entire tray that houses everything pulled off the bottom of the boat. There is an apparent poor glue job as I barely had to touch it and the whole tray lifted off. I can't drive it and shouldn't have to be repairing a brand new boat already. It seems to me like glue is not sufficient to hold this piece down, it needs to be bolted to the bottom of the boat. Sent an email to Proboat, hoping they have a resolution.
jpvybes is offline Find More Posts by jpvybes
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:52 PM
DENSRC63 is offline
Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Registered User
DENSRC63's Avatar
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined May 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvybes View Post
Well was excited to open up the new Blackjack 24 and take it for a drive with my son but as soon as I unstrapped the velcro for the battery tie downs, the entire tray that houses everything pulled off the bottom of the boat. There is an apparent poor glue job as I barely had to touch it and the whole tray lifted off. I can't drive it and shouldn't have to be repairing a brand new boat already. It seems to me like glue is not sufficient to hold this piece down, it needs to be bolted to the bottom of the boat. Sent an email to Proboat, hoping they have a resolution.
Thought the 24" Black Jack hasnt been released yet?? Due Early November, 2014

Do you have the 29 ??
DENSRC63 is offline Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2014, 01:33 PM
micromodder is online now
Find More Posts by micromodder
Registered User
micromodder's Avatar
United States, IN, Greensburg
Joined Jun 2014
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENSRC63 View Post
Thought the 24" Black Jack hasnt been released yet?? Due Early November, 2014

Do you have the 29 ??
Its in stock at Amain

http://www.amain.com/Pro-Boat-Blackj...d_aBoCiFTw_wcB
micromodder is online now Find More Posts by micromodder
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2014, 03:03 PM
DENSRC63 is offline
Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Registered User
DENSRC63's Avatar
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined May 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromodder View Post
No eh ... Hmmm mabe might wait for the first batch go go through if I hear of any more assembly issues. Didnt even realize they were out. Wernt suppose to be out till Nov.
DENSRC63 is offline Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 06:55 PM
jpvybes is offline
Find More Posts by jpvybes
Registered User
Joined Oct 2014
5 Posts
Blackjack 24

I returned the first one I got, ordered a second one. Same crap! This time the glue was actually broken off and tray was floating around again. Not buying another one of these. I told the guy at proboat that the tray has to be fastened with bolts because the glue obviously isn't holding. I've never owned a Proboat before, but seems like on these new models they're using this cheap method of securing everything down with the plastic tray that's merely glued to the bottom of the boat. It looks like in the older models they used a nice wooden structure instead but to cut down on cost are now using this instead.
jpvybes is offline Find More Posts by jpvybes
Last edited by jpvybes; Oct 31, 2014 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2014, 09:49 AM
DENSRC63 is offline
Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Registered User
DENSRC63's Avatar
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined May 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvybes View Post
I returned the first one I got, ordered a second one. Same crap! This time the glue was actually broken off and tray was floating around again. Not buying another one of these. I told the guy at proboat that the tray has to be fastened with bolts because the glue obviously isn't holding. I've never owned a Proboat before, but seems like on these new models they're using this cheap method of securing everything down with the plastic tray that's merely glued to the bottom of the boat. It looks like in the older models they used a nice wooden structure instead but to cut down on cost are now using this instead.
Sounds like they got a bad batch or probably the wrong type of glue. Shoe Goo or Gorilla glue (a soft setting glue) should hold down the tray. I agree shouldnt be like that but a easy fix if you could break off the factory glue and re glue yourself. Be best to sand / rough up the surfaces before applying glue.
DENSRC63 is offline Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:24 AM
jpvybes is offline
Find More Posts by jpvybes
Registered User
Joined Oct 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENSRC63 View Post
Sounds like they got a bad batch or probably the wrong type of glue. Shoe Goo or Gorilla glue (a soft setting glue) should hold down the tray. I agree shouldnt be like that but a easy fix if you could break off the factory glue and re glue yourself. Be best to sand / rough up the surfaces before applying glue.
That sounds like it would work and I tried relaying a similar message to the tech folks at proboat but don't know if the message was relayed any further. I was just annoyed because you wouldn't think the customer would have to do this to a brand new boat. My solution for now was to buy the Aquacraft Wildcat, lol.
jpvybes is offline Find More Posts by jpvybes
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2014, 10:11 PM
scorpion1 is offline
Find More Posts by scorpion1
I feel the need for speed!
scorpion1's Avatar
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,688 Posts
Wonder if it will take 4s?
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2014, 08:51 AM
DENSRC63 is offline
Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Registered User
DENSRC63's Avatar
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined May 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Wonder if it will take 4s?
No 3 cell max says in manual on line

A battery (sold separately) is required to operate the boat.
The ESC will operate with 2–3 Cell (7.4V–11.1V) Li-Po or
6–9 Cell (7.2V–10.8V) Ni-MH/Ni-Cd batteries.

I think it will be fast enough on a 3 cell LiPo a 4 cell would be uncontrollable for a boat this size.
DENSRC63 is offline Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2014, 02:39 PM
DENSRC63 is offline
Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Registered User
DENSRC63's Avatar
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined May 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvybes View Post
I returned the first one I got, ordered a second one. Same crap! This time the glue was actually broken off and tray was floating around again. Not buying another one of these. I told the guy at proboat that the tray has to be fastened with bolts because the glue obviously isn't holding. I've never owned a Proboat before, but seems like on these new models they're using this cheap method of securing everything down with the plastic tray that's merely glued to the bottom of the boat. It looks like in the older models they used a nice wooden structure instead but to cut down on cost are now using this instead.
Its weird Horizon Hobby said they havnt gotten them in yet. I called to ask about the loose tray thing and they said no idea they havnt even got the first shipment yet not due to later this month.

Amain did show them in stock .
DENSRC63 is offline Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Last edited by DENSRC63; Nov 07, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2014, 05:51 PM
jpvybes is offline
Find More Posts by jpvybes
Registered User
Joined Oct 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENSRC63 View Post
Its weird Horizon Hobby said they havnt gotten them in yet. I called to ask about the loose tray thing and they said no idea they havnt even got the first shipment yet not due to later this month.
Ha, well I ordered two from Horizon and returned both. I do see they are currently on backorder. I wonder if they pulled them from the website for now. I might've gotten the "mistake" batch.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pro-boat...A-rtr-prb08007
jpvybes is offline Find More Posts by jpvybes
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2014, 07:13 PM
DENSRC63 is offline
Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Registered User
DENSRC63's Avatar
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined May 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvybes View Post
Ha, well I ordered two from Horizon and returned both. I do see they are currently on backorder. I wonder if they pulled them from the website for now. I might've gotten the "mistake" batch.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pro-boat...A-rtr-prb08007
Im thinking the same thing. They pulled all the stock and are repairing or sending back for repair before a bunch get out for Christmas. That would explain why they have no ETA as they usually do on out of stock items. Im thinking there doing damage control playing dumb like the goverment ...deny any knowledge and fixing the issue behind the scenes.

Just noticed in the replacement parts the replacement hull shows the inner black tray NOT installed so I guess they expect you to glue it in yourself if you need a replacement hull.
DENSRC63 is offline Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Last edited by DENSRC63; Nov 07, 2014 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:55 AM
DENSRC63 is offline
Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Registered User
DENSRC63's Avatar
Canada, ON, Chatham-Kent
Joined May 2012
391 Posts
NEW ProBoat Blackjack 29 Horizon PRB08011

Just thought I would mention there is a NEW V3 29" Blackjack replacing the V2. ProBoat Blackjack 29 Horizon PRB08011 V3 coming out next spring. Looks like beefed up electronics and rudder sytem.
DENSRC63 is offline Find More Posts by DENSRC63
Last edited by DENSRC63; Nov 10, 2014 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Proboat Blackjack 9 - 9-inch Brushed RTR Catamaran Jim T. Graham Racing Boats - Electric 38 Oct 13, 2014 02:32 AM
Sold ProBoat Blackjack 29 & ProBoat Miss Gieco 29 birdy233 Boats (FS/W) 7 Aug 22, 2014 07:07 AM
Sold Proboat Blackjack 6s (Cheap!) toxic-trip Boats (FS/W) 2 Nov 20, 2013 06:11 PM
Sold Proboat Blackjack 26, RxR Ready (6s) toxic-trip Boats (FS/W) 1 Nov 04, 2013 09:36 AM
Discussion proboat formula fastech brushless or Blackjack 26 Brushless Catamaran mortonj69 Racing Boats - Electric 5 Apr 14, 2009 10:29 PM