Old Apr 14, 2015, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin-34 View Post
frank, I accomplished this by putting a second set screw behind the factory set screw. I picked the second set screw so it stuck out of the hole, prairie dogged if you will. once all was tight I carefully loc-tited the prairie dog. getting none in the gear trunion or the allen.

the reason for this is the size of the allen with loc-tite the wrench will strip. so if I have to remove it I can dremel flats on both sides to remove it.

between my fw190, me109, and son's me109 we have close to 300 flights with no problems from a loose strut. we have the mechanism come unscrewed from the plate that is screwed to the wing.

Good luck

Joe
thanks Joel,

If my patch does not hold I'll try your fix, thanks again
Mr.frankenjet is offline Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2015, 07:45 PM
Find More Posts by baddley
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Mar 2006
170 Posts
Hi

I have finally got around to finishing this bird up. When balancing with retracts, I want the bird slightly noise heavy with the retracts up and at about neutral with them down is this correct ?

Also the only way to get my cg is with my battery all the way forward on the top shelf tray. Is there a better method besides using double sided Velcro and stuffing some foam in there to make it tight ?

Thanks
Scott
baddley is offline Find More Posts by baddley
Old Apr 16, 2015, 01:49 AM
Find More Posts by dambit
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,283 Posts
There probably is a better way, but not an easier one. ; )

You could get a bigger battery.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,224 Posts
I'm going to glue some foam blocks on both sides of the fuse to center it, just have not gotten around to it. I think that and a more forward Velcro strap will keep it secure
Mr.frankenjet is offline Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet