Old Apr 14, 2015, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by T.A.Z
Obsession, not a hobby
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2013
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ Tom View Post
I fly with 3s as well. I bet it is a lot of fun with the 4s but I do prefer the scale performance and challenge of an airplane that is flying on its wing vs the motor.

I've had the good fortune of making a living operating full scale for the past 35 years. I enjoy the challenge of small airplanes, smaller engines scrambling for lift. Most of the full scale small aircraft won't sustain a climb angle of more that 15 degrees or so without quickly running out of airspeed ...even "3s" is good performance

Tom
Just asked 'cause you said it wasn't leaping off the ground like your Cub. I assumed you weren't happy with the power and was just going to suggest 4S.
T.A.Z is offline Find More Posts by T.A.Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2015, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by Charley38
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ Tom View Post
I've had the good fortune of making a living operating full scale for the past 35 years. I enjoy the challenge of small airplanes, smaller engines scrambling for lift. Most of the full scale small aircraft won't sustain a climb angle of more that 15 degrees or so without quickly running out of airspeed ...even "3s" is good performance

Tom
Hah! Most of the RC model guys haven't had to fly their airplanes on the wing instead of on the prop.

CR
Charley38 is online now Find More Posts by Charley38