cd5
Find More Posts by cd5
cd5
Joined Apr 2007
56 Posts
Discussion
Propeller properties and selection

Hi guys
I was wondering how people select there props.
At the moment i run 20x8.
Would a 21x7 perform the same as a 20x8.
And how does the length vs pitch effect flight performance characteuristics.
I m assuming one is for Torque and one for top speed but am not sure which is which.
So if any one is versed on propeller theory for dummies, id appreciate being filled in.
Thanks
cd5 is offline Find More Posts by cd5
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2015, 06:03 AM
Find More Posts by Gregertman
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,696 Posts
For best results I would ask the same question in the tread power systems for Extreme Flight fanatics. Also include what motor you have and if its stock mufflers , Pitts muffler , piped , or canister . And include your intended type of flying . Aka Imac ,low and slow 3D , extreme aerobatics, or general sport flying. It doesn't matter if you don't have an Extreme Flight plane or not they are a good bunch of guys over there and they (Aeroplayin) will help you out. Also include the wt of your plane and what plane it actually is. Good luck.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Last edited by Gregertman; Mar 02, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2015, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
22,023 Posts
Lots of factors are involved here. We would need to know exactly what motor/engine you're running and the preferred style of flying.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..