New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by changosurf
Joined Aug 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
MinimOSD is very sensitive to voltage fluctuations on either the 5V or 12V rails. if you see the overlay just disappear, but video pass-through is still working, that's probably what happened.
The MAX7456 chip on the minim will brown-out easily if the voltage sags below around 4.5V. The ATMega328 will keep working and trying to send video commands to the MAX, but the video chip will be in a disabled state/no video passthru. As soon as the voltage returns to an acceptable level, the MAX7456 will come back online & the passthru video will work. However, the configuration registers on the MAX need to be reinitialized in order for the OSD to work. ATMega328 performs this initialization only on boot-up. When the MAX7456 reboots mid-flight, the ATMega328 doesn't know about it, doesn't try to re-initialize it, and so there's no OSD overlay.
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by ginger130
Joined Apr 2015
20 Posts
Lol so update for me. I have just been checking and at all three places that I have tried range tests there is a slight rise right around a half a mile away then a slight drop that would put the receiver below ground level. Im probably going to go to the beach later and just pick a couple spots so that it will have pretty good line of sight. I just want to make sure that it will be good before I send my stuff flying out that far. Then I know that it will get better signal with it up in the air.
ginger130 is offline Find More Posts by ginger130
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by mark_q
Seattle, WA & Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
3,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger130 View Post
Lol so update for me. I have just been checking and at all three places that I have tried range tests there is a slight rise right around a half a mile away then a slight drop that would put the receiver below ground level. Im probably going to go to the beach later and just pick a couple spots so that it will have pretty good line of sight. I just want to make sure that it will be good before I send my stuff flying out that far. Then I know that it will get better signal with it up in the air.
You my friend have analysis paralysis!

You said you are getting a 100ft in micro-power mode. Dude, go fly it! Test it in the air, it's the only way to know for sure and I haven't heard of anyone losing a DL setup that goes 100ft in micro-power mode.

I have heard of people going out 40 miles and back though!!

Mark
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: $65 Mobile Launcher
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by ginger130
Joined Apr 2015
20 Posts
Lol I know I know. I am a little paranoid. Im pretty sure the video will be going out before the DL anyway on the hex. I will be doing a plane and I want all the warm fuzzies I can get. Then again I will have osd on it with a rssi being displayed once I get the plane and the hex I doubt Im going to fly it over a mile away anyway. I really do appreciate all the help guys. I know trees do not block the signal but does anybody know what will cut it down? Im wondering about large buildings and stuff.
ginger130 is offline Find More Posts by ginger130
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by bmw111
Live Free and Fly
United States, NH, Bedford
Joined Apr 2013
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger130 View Post
Lol I know I know. I am a little paranoid. Im pretty sure the video will be going out before the DL anyway on the hex. I will be doing a plane and I want all the warm fuzzies I can get. Then again I will have osd on it with a rssi being displayed once I get the plane and the hex I doubt Im going to fly it over a mile away anyway. I really do appreciate all the help guys. I know trees do not block the signal but does anybody know what will cut it down? Im wondering about large buildings and stuff.
Any solid object will block RF signals, to varying degrees. The more solid (concrete, wood, metal, dirt) the more blocking. Trees are "solid" -- they do block RF, but to less degree than "more" solid materials. Depends on the trees, size of the trunks, branch/leaf propagation, etc.

However, let me be clear, DragonLink will penetrate those objects better than ANY other UHF system.
bmw111 is offline Find More Posts by bmw111
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM
Find More Posts by jpro
hearme now beleiveme later
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2013
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
Any solid object will block RF signals, to varying degrees. The more solid (concrete, wood, metal, dirt) the more blocking. Trees are "solid" -- they do block RF, but to less degree than "more" solid materials. Depends on the trees, size of the trunks, branch/leaf propagation, etc.

However, let me be clear, DragonLink will penetrate those objects better than ANY other UHF system.
Or any RC video system known to mankind LOL.
I think Ginger should worry about that not the DL
jpro is offline Find More Posts by jpro