SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 18, 2015, 03:55 PM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,097 Posts
Ladybird is 7mm motors and works fine.
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 04:19 PM
Antisocial Curmudgeon
Fyathyrio's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2013
1,144 Posts
I think you're asking if the FC can handle a 500mah battery? If so, yes, mah does not matter to the FC as it'll only draw what's required. You could run a 5000mah battery if your setup could lift it.
Fyathyrio is offline Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LED lighting for living spaces
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2015, 04:43 PM
Registered User
JIMJAM's Avatar
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,754 Posts
No , its the total weight and the draw from the 7mm motors on a board designed for the light Nano with 6mm motors I am concerned about.
Can the board handle it and if so is it within its limits or is it pushing it? If its putting a strain on it I will then decide to either order a spare or seriously consider moving up to maybe the 180.
JIMJAM is online now Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2015, 05:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,918 Posts
The NQX with 7mm direct drive is a totally different quad than a 180QX with it's gear driven props.

I feel the NQX with 7mm will have the speed to play outside in the wind. And retain the characteristics of the Stock NQX.

However, the 180QX BNf is on sale right now right? HH likely going to discontinue that quad.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:55 AM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,097 Posts
the beast in action, and a couple crashes, haha

Pico FPV on a Walkera Ladybird V2, Blade NanoQX Flight Controller (4 min 4 sec)
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
the beast in action, and a couple crashes, haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHxM...ature=youtu.be
Nice video! What kind of range and battery life are you getting?

Thanks
Zoide is online now Find More Posts by Zoide
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:31 PM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoide View Post
Nice video! What kind of range and battery life are you getting?

Thanks
Thanks, I get over 5min of hovering on a 300mah battery, going to try 500-800mah packs in the future. Range, The last crash was about 600' away, I think the battery dumped on me, the weather has been too poor to go for another range run on a fresh charge, so Ill update with that info soon. I know the video system goes beyond 2000' very easy
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Thanks, I get over 5min of hovering on a 300mah battery, going to try 500-800mah packs in the future. Range, The last crash was about 600' away, I think the battery dumped on me, the weather has been too poor to go for another range run on a fresh charge, so Ill update with that info soon. I know the video system goes beyond 2000' very easy
Wow! Could you please share some more information about the build (components, etc.)?

Thanks
Zoide is online now Find More Posts by Zoide
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:34 PM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,097 Posts
I already had a nanoqx I wasnt flying, but other than that its just the $49 ladybird V2, RMRC Pico FPV setup, 1.3G (thats why the range issues for me, 5.8G probably wouldnt have the same issues and wouldnt NEED the nqx FC, I only did because 1.3G made the devo4 range go to null)

Ill get some more details pics later. Hover time stock with no fpv gear is over 7 min
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Last edited by JohnVH; Jan 23, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2015, 03:20 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
I already had a nanoqx I wasnt flying, but other than that its just the $49 ladybird V2, RMRC Pico FPV setup, 1.3G (thats why the range issues for me, 5.8G probably wouldnt have the same issues and wouldnt NEED the nqx FC, I only did because 1.3G made the devo4 range go to null)

Ill get some more details pics later. Hover time stock with no fpv gear is over 7 min
I have that same problem. My 1.2g slaughters my Lemon/Devo/DSM setup. I've installed a 5-minute Notch filter, and it helps, but just barely.
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2014
17 Posts
I just built a 100mm woods turning nano qx fc quad. I'm getting a constant beep under throttle (at all throttle levels it seems). I don't believe it is coming from the motors, instead from the fc itself. The quad seems to fly ok, but it seems underpowered. It has the stock nano qx motors. The battery connector attachment is covered by some white gunk that looks like elmers glue. What is that? I did the quick and dirty wire to wire solder method to change to a losi connector. Maybe the beeping has something to do with power?
IntoTheFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IntoTheFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2014
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheFlyer View Post
I just built a 100mm woods turning nano qx fc quad. I'm getting a constant beep under throttle (at all throttle levels it seems). I don't believe it is coming from the motors, instead from the fc itself. The quad seems to fly ok, but it seems underpowered. It has the stock nano qx motors. The battery connector attachment is covered by some white gunk that looks like elmers glue. What is that? I did the quick and dirty wire to wire solder method to change to a losi connector. Maybe the beeping has something to do with power?
I got help over on another thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...36987&page=154

If anybody has anything to add, head on over. Otherwise, no need to further clutter up this thread with my newbiness.
IntoTheFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IntoTheFlyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Whats a good FC board for quad copter? bigheaded5 Multirotor Electronics 1 Mar 27, 2013 07:06 PM
Discussion Blade MQX or Walkera QR Ladybird. RaymondM Multirotor Talk 2 Jun 27, 2012 11:10 AM
Discussion Walkera Ladybird vs Blade MQx Thetis Multirotor Talk 13 Jun 19, 2012 10:37 PM
Video Blade mQX on-board video Mike_Then Electric Plane Talk 4 Mar 27, 2012 05:16 PM
Sold Complete quad copter needs fc board $90.00 shipped thefokker Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Oct 06, 2011 10:36 AM