Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:44 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
12,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getto Bird View Post
Boy...I'm having the time of my life with bird
Getting the hang of this thing and man I love it.....Got a little TBE going every now and then. When it happens, I can usually fly through it. But I saw this topic (TBE)here on the thread so I will be reading this.
GB, remove all your links (one at a time) and with a small piece of paper bag, polish up the balls real nice like. Spend about 3 to 5 minutes on each ball polishing.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2015, 05:41 PM
Joined Jun 2012
215 Posts
Will do Mike, got cha!
Thanks
-Rick
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Jan 26, 2015, 05:57 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
12,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getto Bird View Post
Will do Mike, got cha!
Thanks
-Rick
No prob man TBE comes from the flybar 99.99% The links and balls must have zero friction. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

Mike.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 07:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
215 Posts
I see.....I'll shine up my balls and let you know. (just kidding)

Thanks again Mike
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
No prob man TBE comes from the flybar 99.99% The links and balls must have zero friction. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

Mike.
Yeah, I think my flybar is showing wear, as I get a little TBE. I bought a new bird for a friend off of RCG classifieds, and checked out the slop in the new flybar versus mine, and noticed the difference and probable reason why. Mine is minor, but some. Might check out the ball polishing too.
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
12,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
Yeah, I think my flybar is showing wear, as I get a little TBE. I bought a new bird for a friend off of RCG classifieds, and checked out the slop in the new flybar versus mine, and noticed the difference and probable reason why. Mine is minor, but some. Might check out the ball polishing too.
The hole on the flybar does wear. If you replace the flybar, it would be worth it to replace the feathering shaft and O-rings at the same time. It doesn't cost much and makes a big difference in flight. The O-rings are the most over-looked parts IMHO.

Mike.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
The hole on the flybar does wear. If you replace the flybar, it would be worth it to replace the feathering shaft and O-rings at the same time. It doesn't cost much and makes a big difference in flight. The O-rings are the most over-looked parts IMHO.

Mike.
ha, too funny. I guess I never realized the 120SR had a feathering shaft! I did have an O-ring wear out and fall off before, which makes one interesting flight characteristic....

I just checked my favorite hobby store PowerHobby.com and saw they are in stock, plus the flybars, so probably need to make an order now
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Today, 12:00 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
12,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
ha, too funny. I guess I never realized the 120SR had a feathering shaft! I did have an O-ring wear out and fall off before, which makes one interesting flight characteristic....

I just checked my favorite hobby store PowerHobby.com and saw they are in stock, plus the flybars, so probably need to make an order now
LOL...Too funny. The thing about the feathering shaft is, that there is no way to roll test them (too short) and you can't see that "ever so slightly" bent shaft. Many times I'll replace the feathering shaft just for chits, especially if she took a hard whack. Don't forget to balance your flybar. Click on my user name, that will take you to my blog. There's a "blade balancing" tutorial that will help give you an idea as to how you'd balance your 120SR flybar. Just sand the heavy end on a flat piece of sandpaper.

Mike.