New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2015, 10:28 AM
Find More Posts by AlphaDelta86
Joined May 2015
4 Posts
Question
Helion Rivos

Hey all,

I am new to this forum and new to the RC Boat world, I have always found it interesting and wanting to get into it and finally did as i live on a small lake right in my backyard.

I searched around and found this Helion Rivos boat, first off it looks amazing, well built, and just beautiful on the stand. I have run it several times and it is very quick for a brushed motor setup. It has a 7.2v NiMh 2600mah and run time is 15 mins and done. Clocked it at 24MPH impressive for someone who just got into this hobby, never thought they went that fast.

Being new to this i just wanted to see if anyone has experience with these and their thoughts on them. I am looking at upgrading to their brushless set up as its only $89.00 without battery, so which battery would be best for that set up that would give me the longest run time?

Thanks in advance
AlphaDelta86 is offline Find More Posts by AlphaDelta86
Last edited by AlphaDelta86; May 01, 2015 at 11:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2015, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by green-boat
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,858 Posts
Brushless motor with a Li-Po battery is the way to go.
green-boat is online now Find More Posts by green-boat
Old May 01, 2015, 02:19 PM
Joined May 2015
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by green-boat View Post
Brushless motor with a Li-Po battery is the way to go.
That is what their upgrade Kit comes with i just need to get a battery, but I want to be able to run the boat 45 mins if possible so what is a good set up or am i dreaming here about 45 mins run time on boats?
Old May 03, 2015, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by frankg
Joined Dec 2004
4,178 Posts
Running with the same setup you now have and switching to a 5000 mah battery should net you around a 30 minute run on a charge. Switching up to the brushless motor setup will net you more speed and power but only around the same run time if you are lucky.

I think 45 minutes run is wishful thinking.
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
Old May 06, 2015, 09:16 PM
Joined May 2015
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankg View Post
Running with the same setup you now have and switching to a 5000 mah battery should net you around a 30 minute run on a charge. Switching up to the brushless motor setup will net you more speed and power but only around the same run time if you are lucky.

I think 45 minutes run is wishful thinking.
Dang it ill keep dreaming lol. Well over the weekend was running the boat and my ESC exploded, took boat back to Hobbytown and got a new one. New one i already upgraded to Brushless now waiting on LiPos but running it with my NiMH Battery. Having a very strange issue and I this its my Tx/Rx set up, boat just goes on its own without touching throttle and was running fine just out hte blue, one with esc blown up did the same and a new Tx/Rx fixed it, Helion thinks its the ESC but I dont buy it. Doesnt add up. Anyone see this?
Old Aug 06, 2015, 06:03 PM
Find More Posts by Dragnfly
Joined Aug 2015
6 Posts
I installed a tazer 3300 kv brushless with stock motor cooling coil., ESC is fan cooled, centered ESC over drive on plywood tray 2" back from motor coupler. Latex 4oz lead to opposite battery side to equalize balance. Used the 2s 5000 with stock prop and its a blast! The 3s 4000 I tried- torque rolled and the boat uprighted, I recon I hammered on it too quickly..Horizon hobby has the tazer combo for $100
Dragnfly is offline Find More Posts by Dragnfly