New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by how much
United Kingdom, England, Wigan
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
Discussion
Wet Wings MFC second Annual "Splash-in" event, September 6th 2015

After the Sucsess of our first Splash-in Event in October 2014. I am pleased to announce... We are Daft enough to hold a second Annual Splash-in event at Carr Mill Dam, St. Helens, North West England, on. Sunday September the 6th.

You can fly electric and I.C. Models from our fantastic lake just a couple of miles off junction 23 of the M6 (Haydock)
there is a small fee for pilots but spectators can come along and stand there wishing they had bought a float plane... For free!

Anyone wishing to attend can p.m. Me for details etc. more information will be posted on this thread over the next few days.

We have a lakeside hotel and pub at your disposal and camping/caravan pitches with electric hook up also lakeside.

Here we go again! I must be mad

David
how much is online now Find More Posts by how much
Last edited by how much; Apr 29, 2015 at 12:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2015, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Slip the surly bonds...
Christchurch,England
Joined Aug 2004
3,128 Posts
Already on my calendar...

Mike
Sopwith Mike is offline Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Old May 02, 2015, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by wallis_100
build like there is no 2moz
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Apr 2009
838 Posts
Pencilled into mine as I'm in the country this time :-)

Scott
wallis_100 is offline Find More Posts by wallis_100
Old May 03, 2015, 04:06 AM
Find More Posts by Trevorh
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
2,125 Posts
On my calendar too. Here's hoping that the weather cooperates.

Trevor
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old May 03, 2015, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by Nottinghamian
Joined Sep 2009
15 Posts
Your insanity is an inspiration
See you there.
Nick
Nottinghamian is offline Find More Posts by Nottinghamian
Old Jul 24, 2015, 02:58 PM
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
Yes
Here we are and July is nearly over... And the Wet Wings 2nd Annual Splash-in is now only a matter of weeks away (about six weeks!)

Are we prepared? Well... We will be!

Christine, our membership secretary has ordered "perfect weather" once again! So that is sorted.

We will start posting some more detailed information this week about the event on this thread now we are in sight of it..

Several flyers have already pre- booked with us and have sorted their accommodation, I will post details of the premier inn that is on the edge of the lake and the Holiday Inn that is less than a mile up the A580 East Lancs road from our lake at Carr Mill
And we do have on site camping facilities with electric hook up available for a nominal charge in our secure lake side camping/parking area if you wish
We will be there Saturday afternoon setting up and hopefully having an evening electric fly...
I.C. Is only allowed on the Sunday the 6th and is subject to a strict 76db limit.. Which will be monitored on the day. Most four stroke powered models will easily pass the 76db test, and a well silenced 2 stroke with a big lazy prop will also pass without difficulty.... Sorry but the site has strict noise regs and we have to comply!

Easiest way to get in touch with us is via our website. wetwingsmfc.beep.com just click on the contact us form or email us directly on wetwingsmfc@hotmail.com

Carr Mill dam... A Cubs eye view...
rc cub on floats.. onboard camera.. Wet Wings MFC (7 min 11 sec)

Much more info will be posted this week

Thanks
David
Last edited by how much; Jul 24, 2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 03:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
So
Accomodation for our Splash-in on September the 6th

We have a premier Inn that is located on the edge of the lake of Carr Mill
Details...

We have a Holiday Inn about 3/4 mile (5 minutes) from the lake on the A580 East Lancashire road...
Details...

There are other hotels close by as we are only around 2 miles from Haydock race course

We have onsite camping/caravan/mobile home facilities with electric hook up available for just 5 per night,this must be pre-booked before the event, please contact us at wetwingsmfc@hotmail.com to book camping. We have a gated area with both grass and hard standing for our visitors.

We would appreciate pilots pre-entering for this event if you can to give us at least a ball park figure for numbers so that we can arrange catering.
We had a very successful catering facility on site at last years event with bacon sandwiches, hot pot dinner and cups of tea available most of the day.

Again you can contact us through our website wetwingsmfc.beep.com or by email to wetwingsmfc@hotmail.com

Thanks
David
Last edited by how much; Jul 29, 2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2015, 08:40 AM
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
A couple of photos of Carr Mill...

Here is a photo of the Premier Inn located at the waters edge, this shows the rear of the waterside Pub (Toby Carvery) to the left of the trees, and the Premier Inn Hotel to the right, both located at the entrance to the lake with a large car park.

A photo from inside our new club house directly above the landing stage where we launch our models, we have "proper" flush toilet and a small kitchen

And our new rescue boat awaiting its electric outboard motor

David
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:30 AM
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
Just to remind you
It is our splash-in next Sunday... 6th September, it's just a week away

Looks like we are all sorted, we will be catering again with bacon butties in the morning and bbq in the afternoon

It's free entry for spectators and a small fee for pilots

It is Electric and I.C. On the day. But a strict 76db limit applies.. (Most four strokes have no problem passing this)

Please let us know if you are coming just so we have an idea of how many to expect

See you there
David
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by Trevorh
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
2,125 Posts
I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

Trevor
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old Sep 01, 2015, 03:02 AM
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
LHow to find us....

Our address is Garswood old road, St. Helens, merseyside, WA11 7LZ

We are five minutes from junction 23 (Haydock) off the M6

Located at the junction of the A580 East Lancashire road and the A571 Carr mill road, You will see the waterside pub and Premier Inn hotel at the junction. take the turning into them immediately after the traffic lights and drive across the front of the pub following the road anti clockwise around the lake

We are located at the boat house behind the large metal entrance gates.

We do have onsite camping and electric hook ups if you want to stay by but please pre book

Thanks
David
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
Many thanks to All those of you that have pre-registered for our up and coming splash-in event...
Those of you that have emailed or p.m'd your intention to come and fly with us will enjoy the reduced fee for flying

See you all at Carr Mill

David