New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2015, 05:43 AM
Find More Posts by TomC
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman207 View Post
He certainly doesn't need the wrong advice, when you work out how the system works maybe then try and give someone advice.
Ya I only have a very small amount of experience (+10 years large electric heli's, planes, and multi rotors, including using a 41ap on 4 different planes so far) as shown on a few of my YT vid's like this one. Maybe you have better ones? Love to see them mate!

FX-61 FY-41AP FPV (5 min 3 sec)
TomC is online now Find More Posts by TomC
Last edited by TomC; Sep 01, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2015, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by TomC
Joined Nov 2003
2,733 Posts
[QUOTE=toolman207;32573919, Velcro has worked great for me over the last 2 and a half years?[/QUOTE]

Velcro is absolutely the worst thing to mount any gyros with imho.
Old Sep 01, 2015, 09:36 PM
Find More Posts by toolman207
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Ya I only have a very small amount of experience (+10 years large electric heli's, planes, and multi rotors, including using a 41ap on 4 different planes so far) as shown on a few of my YT vid's like this one. Maybe you have better ones? Love to see them mate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76TIYWm9C1w
Ah yes let the d*ck measuring contest begin and bring out the resume to make up for your incompetent answer. 10 years + experience and you post a video of you doing circles lol are you f**king serious! Massive thumbs up lol. Your comment to solve the RTL issue was nothing more than generalized bulls**t, and yep I call bulls**t

My initial comment to you was to point out that there isn't a separate reverse setting for ABM and RTL but you've obviously taken it the wrong way and in no way was I trying to have a go at you, getting the right information out there is all that was intended.

With the Velcro, is Velcro ok to use with the 41AP on a multirotor? definitely not. Is it ok to use for most foamy 1.5+ meter wing span planes, sure is. You made a bold statement that it can never be used which is rubbish, most things can be used in the right application.

Where are my videos and what’s my experience you say? There are people on this thread that could vouch for my experience and some of my success in FPV but is it really necessary? In the world of FPV there are a lot bigger fish than you and I but maybe it's all about the years of experience rather than anything else?

To save you from further embarrassment I won’t post any video replies, however all you need to know is that my circles are bigger and so are my videos.

Sorry to everyone having to read this crap I’ll try my very hardest not to make any further replies or comments to the 10+ veteran and stay on topic.
toolman207 is offline Find More Posts by toolman207
Last edited by toolman207; Sep 01, 2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2015, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by Millzye
Newbie Foamie flyer
Australia, NSW, Elderslie
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman207 View Post
Sounds like your Elevator is reversed in the flight controller settings, put the plane in ABM mode, pickup the plane and point the nose to the ground. Does the elevator move up or down?
Checked the settings today and yes the elevator was reversed, in which testing by pointing the nose down the elevator moved down. Changed the setting and then SAVED!! Tested again and when pointing the nose down in ABM mode, the elevator went up. I think I know where I completely stuffed up (Did not SAVE!!! on initial set up).

Hopefully if the weather in Sydney stays OK, will be able to flight test tomorrow lunchtime.

Cheers

Millzye
Millzye is offline Find More Posts by Millzye
Old Sep 01, 2015, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by TomC
Joined Nov 2003
2,733 Posts
Millzye,

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Should work better with gains going the right way now, lol!

Toolman207,

Very sorry we have rubbed each other the wrong way on this thread. Esp. sad since we are both just trying to help a guy out as per the true spirit of these forums.

I suggest a fresh start mate. Life's too short and really not worth getting upset about a few forum disagreements imho.
Old Sep 01, 2015, 11:01 PM
Newbie Foamie flyer
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Cheers TomC, will keep you posted.
Old Sep 01, 2015, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by toolman207
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Sep 2010
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Millzye,

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Should work better with gains going the right way now, lol!

Toolman207,

Very sorry we have rubbed each other the wrong way on this thread. Esp. sad since we are both just trying to help a guy out as per the true spirit of these forums.

I suggest a fresh start mate. Life's too short and really not worth getting upset about a few forum disagreements imho.

Yeah sounds good Tom and my previous post was probbably a bit harsh sorry if I've offened you in any way. FPV buddies again?

and Millzye everything should definitely go much better with control surfaces moving the right way. good luck mate.
toolman207 is offline Find More Posts by toolman207
Old Sep 01, 2015, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by TomC
Joined Nov 2003
2,733 Posts
Cheers toolman207, FPV buddies, no worries mate!
Old Sep 02, 2015, 01:31 AM
Newbie Foamie flyer
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Phew so glad you guys made up....

She's ready for tomorrow

Plenty of distance between VTX, GPS and also Range-link antenna.