SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 22, 2015, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by Rybskee
Zephry ZII user
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2014
14 Posts
Hey!

I just get my Diversity RX. Realy good job. The quality is realy better then in the old one. Ive got one question. PPM output and RSSI are on the same channel? I have to split the signal to my FC? How it will be work? Or i have to just use standard PWM output and for RSSI the RSSI output? A bit confusing.
Rybskee is offline Find More Posts by Rybskee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Rfriedman
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2012
419 Posts
Analong rssi is on its dedicated pin (see my manual for the correct pinout) just like the 12ch, while you have to hook up to the computer to program ppm on a channel.
Rfriedman is online now Find More Posts by Rfriedman
Old Aug 23, 2015, 07:23 AM
Zephry ZII user
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2014
14 Posts
No it is not. Did you get the Diversity V2 8CH in your hands? The PPM and RSSI looks like in the same channel...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by Rfriedman
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2012
419 Posts
Can you send a pic?
Rfriedman is online now Find More Posts by Rfriedman
Old Aug 23, 2015, 01:33 PM
Zephry ZII user
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2014
14 Posts
Well there are normal 3 PINS like in the old one.
SID please help me,
I did bind my RX v2 and TX. it is working normaly on PWM outputs but the PPM is dead How should i connect it? I cant connect my RX to PC becasue it is always Time out. I did flashed my TX without any problems ;/

Well everything is ok. It is a bit confusing that PPM signal is on the second pin and rssi is right above it. Well we have to connect it like it is written. GND, PPM and RSSI. But you have to connect seperate VCC and GND under for example channel 1. Manual should be a bit better
Last edited by Rybskee; Aug 23, 2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by _Sibi_
Joined Aug 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybskee View Post
SID please help me,
I did bind my RX v2 and TX. it is working normaly on PWM outputs but the PPM is dead How should i connect it? I cant connect my RX to PC becasue it is always Time out. I did flashed my TX without any problems ;/
Well it looks to me that for PPM you will connect Ground and PPM (Pin1+2). RSSI (PIN 3) needs no ground...
_Sibi_ is online now Find More Posts by _Sibi_
Old Aug 24, 2015, 02:04 PM
Zephry ZII user
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2014
14 Posts

TX on 1.5m.
Got only one time failsafe when i was going back, on 2km and 5m high but on 200mW.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by sid.huang
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
808 Posts
RC Signals (PWM<>SBUS<>PPM Auto Decoder/Encoder)

SBUS INPUT -> 12CH CPPM Output
with this kit, you can get 12ch CPPM signal from futaba radio.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:18 AM
Find More Posts by glorysgun
Katalepsis
United States, AL, Enterprise
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sibi_ View Post
Well it looks to me that for PPM you will connect Ground and PPM (Pin1+2). RSSI (PIN 3) needs no ground...
I have two of the new receivers and I tried all of the suggestions with RSSI and a little disappointed. I installed the second receiver in a different bird yesterday and with only one antenna. Getting RSSI easily through RVOSD but just like the first receiver on my ZII, the RSSI dances wildly all over the place. Sitting on the bench, it'll swing 25% back and forth. Tried it with my backup RL TX and same thing. % drops alarmingly low in the air but like before, bounces around the bottom but not enough to kick in the failsafe. Had ZII out 5 miles last weekend but fairly high. Saw RSSI rapidly bounce between single digits to 45% while flying in a straight line. Not sure if this is a hardware or software thing with the diversity and the receiver can't make up it's mind. I really not sure how this diversity thing works but get the exact same results with only a single antenna as well.

Is anyone else getting steady RSSI returns from your 8ch diversity rx.
glorysgun is offline Find More Posts by glorysgun
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:35 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysgun View Post
I have two of the new receivers and I tried all of the suggestions with RSSI and a little disappointed. I installed the second receiver in a different bird yesterday and with only one antenna. Getting RSSI easily through RVOSD but just like the first receiver on my ZII, the RSSI dances wildly all over the place. Sitting on the bench, it'll swing 25% back and forth. Tried it with my backup RL TX and same thing. % drops alarmingly low in the air but like before, bounces around the bottom but not enough to kick in the failsafe. Had ZII out 5 miles last weekend but fairly high. Saw RSSI rapidly bounce between single digits to 45% while flying in a straight line. Not sure if this is a hardware or software thing with the diversity and the receiver can't make up it's mind. I really not sure how this diversity thing works but get the exact same results with only a single antenna as well.

Is anyone else getting steady RSSI returns from your 8ch diversity rx.
Hello try this fw version, improve rssi fiter. (smooth rssi output)

Sid
Old Aug 30, 2015, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by mpvessier
Phillip
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Feb 2013
49 Posts
[QUOTE=Rybskee;32499721]Well there are normal 3 PINS like in the old one.
SID please help me,

Rybskee, were you able to update your RXv2 8ch with the new firmware? If so how did you do it?
I'm having the same problem, get the "time out" message.
I've tried connecting the usb2ttl both ways - ch1pwm to rx,/ch2pwm to tx --- ch1pwm to tx/ch2pwm to rx. .
Neither way seems to work.
mpvessier is offline Find More Posts by mpvessier
Old Aug 31, 2015, 09:46 PM
Katalepsis
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Hello try this fw version, improve rssi fiter. (smooth rssi output)

Sid
Well I'm getting an error trying to upload that says file size incorrect for device.

I know that until now there hasn't been a need to upload the new diversity v2 line up of rxs but a little instruction here may be helpful. I assume rx->tx and tx->rx gnd->gnd and use the jfpv 1.2 gui. Not able to even get a successful read from the rx and loading the hex just gives the file size error.

I saw somone talking about jumping 1 and 2 or use the button. I assume there that you power the rx and press the button until the blue light comes on solid. Holding it longer sends it to flashing red which is spectrum thingy. I've got that to work but there seems to be something amiss with uploading new firmware to the v2s.

What am I doing wrong. I'm powering the rx with a 5v bec and pressing the button till I get the blue light. Plug into usb. Open jfpv and go to firmware (firewire) and select correct com then read. All I get is "timed out" almost immediately.

Thanks....looking forward to a consistent RSSI reading and was stoked that Sid responded with the fix....just need a little more help please.
Old Sep 02, 2015, 05:40 PM
Zephry ZII user
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2014
14 Posts
[QUOTE=mpvessier;32558657]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybskee View Post
SID please help me,

Rybskee, were you able to update your RXv2 8ch with the new firmware? If so how did you do it?
I'm having the same problem, get the "time out" message.
I've tried connecting the usb2ttl both ways - ch1pwm to rx,/ch2pwm to tx --- ch1pwm to tx/ch2pwm to rx. .
Neither way seems to work.
I did not. I only upgrade my TX and the RX was send with the latest fw version. So i only bind them and go into air.

glorysgun

I think we have to add a ground to RSSI because RVOSD need ground and signal by RSSI input. I didnt do that yet but i think it will solve our problem. Anyway it is just impossible to get failsafe on this hardware

Sorry SID but for me it was realy new thing, that PPM output is on the second pin and the RSSI right above it. Totaly new order and that why i was so confused. Anyway realy good job.
Old Sep 02, 2015, 06:21 PM
Katalepsis
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
Will have to have Sid weigh in here. Neither GUIs will acknowledge the receiver. I get the spectrum analyzer to work just fine but when you go to the firmware upgrade tab, it always times out. The other problem is that when you upload the new 2.3 hex, it says that the file size is incompatible with the device....which is funny because it doesn't even recognize the device.

I'm already sharing a ground off of my RVOSD with the RSSI to the receiver and I'm only using a single battery setup. Anxious to see if the new version fixes the RSSI stability but I suspect we will need a new GUI to interface with the V2 Rxs

[QUOTE=Rybskee;32588947]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpvessier View Post

I did not. I only upgrade my TX and the RX was send with the latest fw version. So i only bind them and go into air.

glorysgun

I think we have to add a ground to RSSI because RVOSD need ground and signal by RSSI input. I didnt do that yet but i think it will solve our problem. Anyway it is just impossible to get failsafe on this hardware

Sorry SID but for me it was realy new thing, that PPM output is on the second pin and the RSSI right above it. Totaly new order and that why i was so confused. Anyway realy good job.
Old Today, 01:43 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
808 Posts
[QUOTE=glorysgun;32589232]Will have to have Sid weigh in here. Neither GUIs will acknowledge the receiver. I get the spectrum analyzer to work just fine but when you go to the firmware upgrade tab, it always times out. The other problem is that when you upload the new 2.3 hex, it says that the file size is incompatible with the device....which is funny because it doesn't even recognize the device.

I'm already sharing a ground off of my RVOSD with the RSSI to the receiver and I'm only using a single battery setup. Anxious to see if the new version fixes the RSSI stability but I suspect we will need a new GUI to interface with the V2 Rxs

Hello
first download and unzip the file.
1. CH1/CH2 short circuit and power up. the two LED will turn on. if not ,please check the jumper.
don't power off, connect ch1 to TXD, ch2 to RXD, GND TO GND
2.open the JFPV.exe. and click the firmware upgrade button. select the the com port. and then Open 4CH-8CH RX v2.30.hex this file. ..
click getinfo button. will get some message from device, if not please check everything, wire connect...etc.
3. click send button.

Sorry about my poor English, if you still have an issue ,just email to us.

Sid