SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by Hamman22830
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Help!
9101 Double Horse Problem

Brand new 9101 Double Horse. I charged the battery before use. Then decided to see the rotors spin. The bottom rotor spun correctly but the upper one wouldn't turn. Lots of blade knocking and I shut it down quickly.

I held the copter upside down so the upper rotors were out of the way and turned on the power again. The lower rotors spun at full power and the upper set barely turned but at 3/4 to full throttle, they did spin but at a much slower rate. I hit the left/right stick and felt no response from the chopper. Tail rotor did spin in the forward/reverse position.

I have pulled the upper shaft and re-seated it with the set collar below the large gear. I know that's tight and not causing any problems.

I unplugged the upper rotor motor and plugged it into the lower rotor motor plug and it spun at full speed. When the lower rotor plug was moved to the upper plug, it rotated slow.

I'm thinking I have either a bad control board or a bad transmitter at the throttle stick.

I got this at our local mall on a huge impulse buy. The next day I went back to the guy I bought it from and he'd packed up and left. So now I'm stuck trying to get this thing in the air.

Any suggestions?
Hamman22830 is offline Find More Posts by Hamman22830
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:33 AM
Find More Posts by timg734
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
hold the gears in your finger and try to spin the blade by hand you shouldn't have any movement if you do the screw is striped in the plastic head.a fix i have done was go to the hardware store and buy a pack of #4 screws 1/2"long they are bigger screws and will go in the plastic and tighten up on the shaft that fixed my problem with my 9118 coaxle look on the 9053 or 9118 thread for mods they are simular helicopters and fun to fly in low wind
timg734 is offline Find More Posts by timg734
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by orange monster
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
I have a violation and the lower blades will not spin as fast as the upper one checked screws and they will not get tight. Will those screws fix my trouble also?
orange monster is offline Find More Posts by orange monster
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by bobbyDh9101s
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
double horse 9101 circuit board

I purchases a new circuit board on ebay got it installed with no problems....I turn rhe power switch on and the l.e.d lights on the front and back of the heli come on but the red power indicator on the board keeps blinking..I'm thinking the board and transmitter are not communicating....any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!!!
bobbyDh9101s is offline Find More Posts by bobbyDh9101s
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyDh9101s View Post
I purchases a new circuit board on ebay got it installed with no problems....I turn rhe power switch on and the l.e.d lights on the front and back of the heli come on but the red power indicator on the board keeps blinking..I'm thinking the board and transmitter are not communicating....any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!!!
Does the new pcb frequency match that on the tx? These radio coax's usually came in 27mhz and 49mhz, and less commonly 40mhz and 72mhz.

If it doesn't match you may beable to switch out the crystal on the tx.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by bobbyDh9101s
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
doublehorse 9101 probs

Yea they both are 49.
bobbyDh9101s is offline Find More Posts by bobbyDh9101s
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:07 PM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange monster View Post
I have a violation and the lower blades will not spin as fast as the upper one checked screws and they will not get tight. Will those screws fix my trouble also?

they should they will go in the plastic and lock on the shaft if when you tighten them up do it 1 at a time and check top blades to make sure it dosn't lock up if so back screw up a little so it wont touch inner shaft
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyDh9101s View Post

is the new board the same frequence as the transmitter there is a few different one's i belive
Old May 03, 2015, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by bigspankz
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
My fix

Well its 2014 and I just bought one.. Same issue.. But I found a solution..
1. I noticed when I was looking at the antenna on the transmitter it was tight but wiggling so I open it... Sure enough the solder on the antenna holster broke free.. WalMart 795 for a gun.. Soldered it and got a signal

2. Even tho it fixed it I also noticed after ten feet away... No signal... So I soldered a thicker wire to the receiver.. All problems fixed... Hope this helps
bigspankz is offline Find More Posts by bigspankz