New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM
Find More Posts by JoeInNY
Get 'em up in the air!
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Oct 2013
245 Posts
Curious, what does the bushing do?
When reassembling the motor, the bushing won't stay on without the e-clip.
JoeInNY is offline Find More Posts by JoeInNY
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by Dukejet
Australia, QLD, Biloela
Joined Aug 2012
466 Posts
Well, the prop Pulls. Pulls on the shaft. The shaft is held in by the e-clip. So... the bush stops the e-clip from chewing into the bearing.
Dukejet is online now Find More Posts by Dukejet
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by JoeInNY
Get 'em up in the air!
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Oct 2013
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet View Post
Well, the prop Pulls. Pulls on the shaft. The shaft is held in by the e-clip. So... the bush stops the e-clip from chewing into the bearing.
Makes sense.
I thought the shaft would be better held in by the 2 grub screws in front of the motor. But I guess if those get a little loose the bushing would space the clip from the motor as you said. Thx.
JoeInNY is offline Find More Posts by JoeInNY
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by Dukejet
Australia, QLD, Biloela
Joined Aug 2012
466 Posts
The grub screws hold the bell to the shaft, which where you get the rotational force.
Dukejet is online now Find More Posts by Dukejet
Old Today, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by abjets
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecl View Post
Thank Abjets the restaurant pick were great, Lunch at Provisions, Dinner at Mr B's and we had a lunch at a great smoke house. I had to come home so I can lose some weight. Thank again
Nice Mike! Glad you were well fed during your visit
abjets is online now Find More Posts by abjets
Old Today, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2014
1,316 Posts
Does anybody know where you can get replacement bearings for the motor? The motor on my P-40 has been "burnt" up for a while, i haven't replaced it as I have a few marine projects I'm working on and I really don't want to spend another 20$ on a motor that will suffer the same fate eventually. If I can spend a few bucks on bearings and see if that helps me.

The motor wants to turn but it seems stuck, sort of studdering. Not really sure what can cause this, last time it happened I just replaced the motor.
ApexpretadorGT is offline Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
Old Today, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
13,216 Posts
Sometimes the shaft 'pulls through' - or gets rammed backwards - and just puts an 'end-on' load on the bearing and thus jams them up.
Loosen up the grub screw(s) so you can tap it a bit more into the bell, and thus release any end-on pressure.
You can usually FEEL the friction, when you turn it by hand, to give you a clue if it is that causing it.

Or in some planes the shaft hits the firewall behind it. I don't think these do in stock form, but in my P-51, which has a different motor now, I had to drill a shallow 'recess' into the firewall so the shaft did not hit into it.

As for Stuttering.... that is more often an ESC issue, or soldering (dry joint) issue.
So first, make sure it can spin freely enough. If it can, then it could be a power issue. (that ESC or dry joint chance)
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Old Today, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by mtfly
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT View Post
Does anybody know where you can get replacement bearings for the motor? The motor on my P-40 has been "burnt" up for a while, i haven't replaced it as I have a few marine projects I'm working on and I really don't want to spend another 20$ on a motor that will suffer the same fate eventually. If I can spend a few bucks on bearings and see if that helps me.

The motor wants to turn but it seems stuck, sort of studdering. Not really sure what can cause this, last time it happened I just replaced the motor.
May be a bad ESC? Swap it out and if motor turns then you know ESC was bad. If same problem exists then most likely bad motor.
mtfly is online now Find More Posts by mtfly
Old Today, 08:11 PM
Find More Posts by abjets
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT View Post

http://www.bocabearings.com/default.aspx
abjets is online now Find More Posts by abjets