New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2015, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by SnapRoller
Joined May 2012
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
The rudder mod is definitely worth the trouble, it's these videos that sold me. I'm thinking about maybe doing a small run of the larger rudder if ppl are interested. Please confirm via PM and your location for postage cost. I'll consider an appropriate time/material cost and let you know via the PM. Also colour you need, I have the match for the orange but don't have the blue. I think Jetplaneflyer posted the part number for the blue back aways.
Cheers Darren
That's great, PM sent!
SnapRoller is online now Find More Posts by SnapRoller
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2015, 08:36 AM
Find More Posts by Hoverin
3D apprentice
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
447 Posts
Here's a quick side by side for interest. Bit hard to pick from photo but from memory JPF quoted the modded one at roughly 30% bigger than original. I'm thinking of putting original rudder on my Slick for a test to see the difference.
Name: Slick rudder.jpg
Views: 16
Size: 175.4 KB
Description:
Hoverin is online now Find More Posts by Hoverin
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by SnapRoller
Joined May 2012
242 Posts
That would be great. You could answer the question about differences in flight characteristics other than the wing rock in upright harrier.
The rudder looks good!
SnapRoller is online now Find More Posts by SnapRoller
Old Jun 27, 2015, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by mikkeljunker
Joined Jul 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
The rudder mod is definitely worth the trouble, it's these videos that sold me. I'm thinking about maybe doing a small run of the larger rudder if ppl are interested. Please confirm via PM and your location for postage cost. I'll consider an appropriate time/material cost and let you know via the PM. Also colour you need, I have the match for the orange but don't have the blue. I think Jetplaneflyer posted the part number for the blue back aways.
Cheers Darren
Also just sent you an PM.
mikkeljunker is online now Find More Posts by mikkeljunker
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by Hoverin
3D apprentice
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
447 Posts
OK, I made up a box to fit the rudder and chucked an original rudder in with bubble wrap to authentcate weight size etc and went to my local post establishment. For the two guys that are serius about the rudder I have a quote of $18.50AU to post to UK and it's the same to Switzerland. So add to that $40AU (I worked this from an average of offers) for the finished and covered rudder with CA hinges and control horn ready to fit and fly. You can work it out from your currency and I guess with the EU/Frank etc it will work out very reasonable.
Pls PM if still interested.
Thnx
Hoverin is online now Find More Posts by Hoverin
Last edited by Hoverin; Jun 29, 2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by Late99
Finland
Joined Aug 2013
257 Posts
Rebuild

Here's couple of pics on how I plan to rebuild the motor mount. Little bit different approach, interesting to see how I will succeed... I'll also practice fiberglassing by fixing the cowl. It's one thing I haven't done yet and this is good opportunity to learn how to do it.

This will take some time, I'm not expecting this plane to be in air very quickly. And it will gain some weight in the process, too. Nevertheless, the airframe is too good to throw away.
Late99 is offline Find More Posts by Late99
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by jcardoso47
Portugal, Albufeira
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late99 View Post
Here's couple of pics on how I plan to rebuild the motor mount. Little bit different approach, interesting to see how I will succeed... I'll also practice fiberglassing by fixing the cowl. It's one thing I haven't done yet and this is good opportunity to learn how to do it.

This will take some time, I'm not expecting this plane to be in air very quickly. And it will gain some weight in the process, too. Nevertheless, the airframe is too good to throw away.
That's right buddie You are doing well ..
jcardoso47 is offline Find More Posts by jcardoso47