HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2014, 01:32 AM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
477 Posts
Discussion
Who's got a BL nCPx and what is the best BL conversion to go for?

I have recently my two nCPx boards so am awaiting megas micros to help me out. Whilst browsing MM site I couldn't help but drool over the BL motors and ESC's available. I'm really keen to do a full main and tail BL conversion on my modded nCPx so thought I'd ask you guys on here as I'm sure there's a few done and some tips I could take from those flying BL nCPX.
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2014, 09:33 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,345 Posts
Oversky has some esc's/ Mcp-X some Walkera birds. They may have double bl set-up. I have two Nanos with HH bl upgrade and they work fine. You could use a stock Mcp-X tail boom assembly. Drop in fit as you don't need bl tail. I don't know about a Asetriod designs last time I checked cronic out of stock items.

Most folks are going for HH bl kit and Mcp-X tail or 7mm motor and bracket.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old May 04, 2014, 07:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
477 Posts
I've got the 7mm extreme upgrade tail motor and boom. Would like to go BL tail so I can fly batteries back to back
Old May 09, 2014, 06:31 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,108 Posts
I went with HH drop-in. I don't need a BL tail. Even the stock motor seems to handle back-to-back flights ok (just doing flips, no 3D). The HH BL is power-hungry though. It'll fly with the stock 25C lipos but not for long. One flip drained one on a flight! I got about 3 minutes on another with just circuits and hovering practice. The 45C lipos are great though!
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old May 09, 2014, 07:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
I went with HH drop-in. I don't need a BL tail. Even the stock motor seems to handle back-to-back flights ok (just doing flips, no 3D). The HH BL is power-hungry though. It'll fly with the stock 25C lipos but not for long. One flip drained one on a flight! I got about 3 minutes on another with just circuits and hovering practice. The 45C lipos are great though!
Thanks for the advice
Old May 09, 2014, 11:59 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,345 Posts
The stock Nano with bl upgrade makes a fine little heli. Right blend of power and handles smoothly. 45c batteries are a must have. 25c just don't have the stones to fly well. Buying stock motors is wating money if you fly this bird alot.
If you only fly it once in awhile stock is fine. Still get 45c batteries. i had one stock other bl. The stock one collar on servo came off and had to remove servo. Since I had another bl kit and heli was apart I just converted it. One bl Nano is fun, two is awesome !
Old May 11, 2014, 11:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
477 Posts
I used to fly mine daily. My MCPX BL and 130x only when the weather allowed. I'll get some 45c batts - cheers Dan
Old May 12, 2014, 12:53 AM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
Thanks for the advice
My HH BL failed today after just a handful of flights. It just quit while I was hovering. I seem to be having a run of bad luck with HH motors. I've requested a warranty replacement.
Old May 12, 2014, 01:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
My HH BL failed today after just a handful of flights. It just quit while I was hovering. I seem to be having a run of bad luck with HH motors. I've requested a warranty replacement.
That's interesting to know thanks. Kevin at mega micros has said he'll solder up esc etc so I can have a drop in tail and 'wild' main conversion for my modded nano and a mild BL main for my standard nano while he sorts out my boards that need fixing. So I'll get a cool little return package from MM Just gotta sort out the funds so I'm off to do some overtime - it's good working for yourself
Old May 12, 2014, 09:06 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,345 Posts
Kevin fixed the parts Nano I bought. Good as new. I have several 35c batts and the diff beteen 45c is easy to see. The 25c are just enought to fly it. The problem with bl is they work so well.
Well hope you get boards back and mods you want. Sounds like you have a plan.
I am going to build a Mcp-x V1 bl main. Some like V1 board better as little more unstable ? I am not going to go wild but have some items/ Micro-heli s/plate metal/ KDBB blades/ l/ gear bl main etc. Fusuno canopy looks cool.
Might put brakes on little guys for awhile. Flew outside and had pretty good time. Time to play with the big boys. ...or both.
Cheers/Dan
Old May 13, 2014, 12:32 AM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
That's interesting to know thanks. Kevin at mega micros has said he'll solder up esc etc so I can have a drop in tail and 'wild' main conversion for my modded nano and a mild BL main for my standard nano while he sorts out my boards that need fixing. So I'll get a cool little return package from MM Just gotta sort out the funds so I'm off to do some overtime - it's good working for yourself
FYI, fixed it: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9310
Old May 20, 2014, 01:14 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,345 Posts
Bl upgrade kit works well for me. Many are quick to post about brushed motors wearing out fast. Sure fire way to kill motor is back to back flying. Flying heli till LVC kincks in over and over. I fly alot of Blade and never had a motor not make 100+ flights. Cost of bl kit isn't cheap but others get even more than HH. HH unit is made for this heli. Each time you put that $11.00-12.00 brushed motor in it that could have been $$ taken off cost of bl unit. Only fly Nano once in awhile, not needed at all.
Aside from extra power makes heli fly better. My prime time fun fleet are Both Nano CP-X's bl/ and my newest heli Walkera V120D02s. Still fond of my other c/p's but these guys rock !! These are a 10+ as others are only a 10 !!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
477 Posts
I've had half a dozen flights now with the HH BL conversion in my modded nCPx. It wasn't what I was expecting as I imagined more power. But saying that I am very happy with it. It also has to cope with the weight of my modded nano which comes in at a portly 38.3g with batt. My stock(ish) nano comes in at 31.7g with batt. Installing it was a doddle - almost as easy as replacing a brushed motor. I have two boards at Megas, or on their way there, so when he's done them I'll get the wild main, bl tail and esc for a wild BL conversion and I'll put the HH BL in my stock nano.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:18 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,345 Posts
The HH bl upgrade is easy to install and it works fine. Cost weight is reasonable. Hi powered units will cost more and thats fine if thats what you want. Doing to extra extended tail, bigger motor or even dual bl puts on weight.
A heli this small with bl main flys pretty darn fine. Somebody who may be brave could remove some of stock wires and conect esc to board but for me stock upgrade was just fine. do use 45 c E-flite batteries.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 06:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
477 Posts
Yep. My stock nano is equally as fun to fly as the BL. They behave similar and both crash v well. Easily my most flown heli. Only gripe is spares costs really. Here in NZ they are v expensive - $30 for a nano canopy