Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:42 PM
Themadartist
Australia, QLD, Narangba
Joined Nov 2012
171 Posts
Discussion
Aerobatics Design Help

Hi guys- Mathew here
For a little bit now I have been wanting to get into aerobatics on the slope and I have recently been informed of the le fish and such aircraft.

With the weak conditions that I want to fly in, for example beeches and gentle slopes, I am hoping to create a lightweight glider capable of aerobatics. So what do you think guys. I think the le fish would be nice however its a little on the heavy side. So I'm thinking of designing my own. What do you guys think of this as a Scratch-built project and my first one at that. So my questions list at the moment

-What Airfoil would be best to use, or symmetrical vs lifting?
-Is it worth just using a le fish design?
-New Stuff to cover the wings for strength?
-Tail and control surface materials?

Any input will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Mathew

P.S With school and work, this project maybe awhile in progress.
Guy97 is offline Find More Posts by Guy97
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:37 PM
Stick Bangers Suck
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2006
588 Posts
Everything you are looking for will be found on is link. These planes are phenomenal on the slope... http://www.slopeaerobatics.com/le-fi...indrift-plans/ and here on RCGroups too http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1460543
racedouge1 is online now Find More Posts by racedouge1