HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:23 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Try moving the TX further away at least 2 metres Harrow. At least his has not flown off yet!
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:03 PM
Maintain Thine Airspeed !
Wiltshire UK
Joined Apr 2010
405 Posts
Help diagnose sudden tails whip round

Mcpx Ver 1, not too many hours on the clock.

Flew it last week indoor everything was fine. I'm a beginner with CP so still learning hovering, and I went home well pleased with my progress, although the heli seems much more twitchy than my friends model, and has been from day one.

This week I take it out of the box, same settings on TX, spool up and find it very hard to hover, then on any increase of throttle it whips the tail round and shoots off across the room.

I checked it over visually and can find no problem, also rebound it to the tx. I have looked at the board connector and it seems like it is quite solid with no break in the sealant holding the plug to the main board.

Also checked I don't have any trims moved on the Tx.

Any ideas on what might be the cause?
Redbrickman is online now Find More Posts by Redbrickman
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:31 PM
Progress with the process...
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
A question for you Version 2 mCP-X owners.

A friends V2 mCP-X would not bind today. The blue light is flashing on once every 4 seconds. This was strange to me, because the blue light on my V1 flashes very fast before it binds.

I'm guessing he just needs to get a new main board, but the slow flashing light has me wondering if it is indicating some other problem. Any ideas, or just a new board required?

Thanks,
Harrow.
+1

Only have 6 flights on mine, but had to rebind twice yesterday.
Any ideas?
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
915 Posts
Tx and rx batteries fully charged? Make sure you see the moving LED's and not just the flashing Ines on your charger.

Just a thought....
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:01 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,299 Posts
So, is it normal for the blue light on the V2 to flash only once every 4 seconds while waiting for a bind?
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
So, is it normal for the blue light on the V2 to flash only once every 4 seconds while waiting for a bind?
No. I believe it should flash faster than that.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
915 Posts
when you bind it, do you hold right rudder for a while? I'm thinking mine might have flashed slowly like that the first time I tried to bind it and I held the right rudder input for too long.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:41 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
when you bind it, do you hold right rudder for a while? I'm thinking mine might have flashed slowly like that the first time I tried to bind it and I held the right rudder input for too long.
I'm using a computer radio (DSX9), not the one that comes with the RTF package.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:31 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
915 Posts
I understand. I used a DX8. Still, when I binded mine, with the V2, you have to input right rudder during binding.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
I have the manual in front of me. Page 7 BNF transmitter and receiver binding.. Computer radios do not require the rudder input whilst binding.. Non computer radios do.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
I just picked up another mcpx v2 the other day...I may use my original for bl some day... Anyway, I have one 300mah battery that always lasted longer and was stronger than the supplied 250s. I used the 300 on my new mcpx and i've been getting loss of power(light goes out briefly on occasion). When the power stays on, the tail will not hold on simple things like pitch pumps i guess you call them. It's almost like there's too much power with this battery or something. It never happened on my original mcpx v2.

The 250's work fine. Has anyone had this issue before? I know about the tail hold issues but i'm not flying inverted or anything.

I still just hover around the living room and very seldom crash.

I wondering if I should take this one back? I don't yet know enough about these things to know if i have a defective one or am just asking too much from the tail.

ps my original does have a 1" extended solid boom.
cr5bst is offline Find More Posts by cr5bst
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I understand. I used a DX8. Still, when I binded mine, with the V2, you have to input right rudder during binding.
If you do it without right rudder, you will be binding in 'computer radio' mode and will be able to make better use of the programmable features of your radio to customise how your mCP-X flys.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
593 Posts
Have just fitted a tail support to my mcpx as i seem to crack the tail boom too often. rakon heli tail support fits well to standard mcpx tail or extended tail. Problem with tail losing power - found old batteries cause this, even have mine having the hiccups (all servos move every few seconds, and power drops) and only does this with my bad batteries
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, GA, Calhoun
Joined Apr 2012
112 Posts
mcpx v2

Hi all, I'm new using my dx7, I don't know how to set up, INH
On the pitch settings or throttle curve. Any body can help me?
Thank you. For your time
Jsejalisco is offline Find More Posts by Jsejalisco
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Hi Jsejalisco, there are a lot of how to videos on YouTube that will hell.

Read the manual and follow the factory setup to start with as this works well.

Have a look at this
Blade mCPx Radio Setup & Binding (2 of 3) (12 min 32 sec)
RCG Plus Member