Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
I NEED a micro seaplane lrf!!!
Torino
Joined May 2007
297 Posts
one more question for Derk.. could be the last one - could be :-)

I see that you connected some wires (brown/orange/red) to the PPM contacts but I can't find anything about those in Jjifar instructions.. I see that the three wires go into a black connector but I have no idea of what is it. I don't have those parts in my kit so I suppose it was your personal addition..

could you please enlighten me on that too?

I am almost finished with the build.. I am anxious to see it working!

A.
fabersum is offline Find More Posts by fabersum
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:14 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,448 Posts
As for thd translation, he is saying its safer to first test the main power with the switch on the main board set to 9 volts with a 9v battery. You keep your fingers on the 2 large FETs and make sure they do not get warm. The part about tape and nuts is not an issue if you leave out the screw and spacer from the one corner of the lcd screen. Thats why one of my case holes is empty next to the screen, it doesnt have the hardware underneath to avoid a short circuit.

The 3 wire plug i added in case at some point i want to try using a radio module for outdoor flying. It just connects to the ppm and 5v +- points on the main board.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Last edited by derk; Feb 18, 2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:47 AM
Torino
Joined May 2007
297 Posts
Derk, I owe you a beer! :-)
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:40 PM
Torino
Joined May 2007
297 Posts
So, so, so..

I connected the battery while checking the 7805 temperature, and everything seems fine.
Then I went on and connected the LCD display - not soldering the pins, just pulling them to contact with the Blenderm roll forcing a little between the two boards..
Connected the battery again and things went a little weird. The dislplay started to show something but not what was expected - it was showing rapidly varying numbers.. something like it was showing the readings from the joysticks?
I tried to disconnect and reconnect the battery several times getting different things on the screen till I saw - for some moment - the so awaited "MODEL_1-SET" words. After some second they changed to "Jjifa IR_Xfer" etc (see photo). The it started again showing rapidly changing things..
Finally I noticed that the system reacts to the closeness of my hand. Not to the touch of my hand: just to the closeness. If I just get my hand close to the boards, the display starts getting crazy. And anyway it always shows something different from "MODEL_1-SET" etc as expected.
VID 20130219 015331 (0 min 14 sec)

Does this sound normal to you? Maybe it's because the pins still are not soldered? or just because the system is not completed so it can get some interference from my body?

In the end: should I just go on soldering the pins to the LCD board or should I check something for torubles first?

I will try to ask Jjifar about this too of course..
Last edited by fabersum; Feb 18, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:48 PM
Torino
Joined May 2007
297 Posts
Another question for Jjifar and/or Derk:

for what I understand the risk of short circuit when putting all the 4 pillars between the main board and LCD board is given by the nut, not by the spacer.. so if I put just the 4th spacer without the nut I should be able to fix the display board to the case with all its 4 screws without risking a short circuit.. correct?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:46 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,448 Posts
Yeah i would venture to guess that its just jumping around because the sticks are not connected, and your body is giving off minute charges so it thinks there are rapid inputs.
You might be right about the nut being the culprit, i think he recommended using a small nylon washer but i just left out the whole thing. I also had trouble getting the screen holes to match the case so that 4th one just wasnt going to go in anyway.
After i got mine working good, i built a flat 3s 1000mah lipo for it. It will run a LONG time on that pack. Just remember to flip the input voltage switch if you do the same
Keep going, its neary done!
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:59 PM
South Korea, Chungcheongbuk-do, Cheongju-si
Joined Jun 2009
59 Posts
refer to english manual .
jjifar is offline Find More Posts by jjifar
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Jun 2009
59 Posts
refer to english manual .

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...5&d=1354681170
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:20 PM
Joined Jun 2009
59 Posts
The look of the movie, the scene changes.
The joystick is properly connected, the screen will be fixed.

Saw you are a work in progress until today
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:42 AM
Torino
Joined May 2007
297 Posts
Finished the transmitter, set it to IR output, the clear led is flashing, everything is working! I am very satisfied - even more than when I bought that 240 euro of a Dx7s.

Jjifar, many thanks for the English manual - and for such a small jewel of a transmitter! The manual is very clear and setting up the Tx is just immediate. And now that I can see all the functions and all the programming that can be done I am even more impressed and happy for my buy! It really is a complete transmitter!

Now I am waiting for a 4 channels Rx.. please! you HAVE to do it, you made a 4 ch Tx, we need a Rx to use that 4th channel..
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:48 AM
Joined Jun 2009
59 Posts
[QUOTE=fabersum;24191077[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on successfully assembled.
4-channel airplane difficult to drive to the actuator.
Will be the use of at least one servo.

Congratulations once again.