HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
22 Posts
Discussion
Engine fail?

Hi. Does this sound from the engine sounds like a failure with the engine? It comes when i slow down/stops the engine. (the other beeps in the background are from the other engines thats disconnected from the TX).

engine fail? (0 min 7 sec)



Thanks.
alfkollen is offline Find More Posts by alfkollen
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfkollen View Post
Hi. Does this sound from the engine sounds like a failure with the engine? It comes when i slow down/stops the engine. (the other beeps in the background are from the other engines thats disconnected from the TX).
Thanks.
From the 7 seconds video it does NOT look like your motor has failed in any way shape or form. Why would you think your motor has failed.

1) It is an Axi motors so it should be of the highest quality.
2) It is spinning properly so it has not failed.
3) I did not see any magic smoke coming out so it has not failed.

However you do have your brake enabled on your speed controller though.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
22 Posts
Thanks for the answer!

The reason why I thought it has failed was because of the "brake-sound". I didn't know there was something like that on my ESCīs...
alfkollen is offline Find More Posts by alfkollen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:59 PM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfkollen View Post
Thanks for the answer!

The reason why I thought it has failed was because of the "brake-sound". I didn't know there was something like that on my ESCīs...
What kind of speed controller? You can usually get a programmer for your speed controller. Then you can disable the brake feature on the speed controller. The brake is for fixed wing plane flying with folding prop. The brake feature will fold the prop on landing.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:54 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
What kind of speed controller? You can usually get a programmer for your speed controller. Then you can disable the brake feature on the speed controller. The brake is for fixed wing plane flying with folding prop. The brake feature will fold the prop on landing.
Itīs a Dualsky 40Amp ESC - XC4018BA and I just programmed it correctly now! So now everything working correctly and the HEXA flies like a calm bird!

Thanks for you help!
alfkollen is offline Find More Posts by alfkollen
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:53 AM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfkollen View Post
Itīs a Dualsky 40Amp ESC - XC4018BA and I just programmed it correctly now! So now everything working correctly and the HEXA flies like a calm bird!

Thanks for you help!
LOL sounds great.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion OSD Pro Firmware update fail Mark taylor Eagle Tree Systems 11 Oct 18, 2011 02:31 PM
Discussion MyGeekShow - Airplane Slingshot Fail MyGeekShow Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 18 Apr 23, 2011 03:20 PM
Sold "blem" (fail). dutchydawg1 Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 6 Apr 23, 2011 10:31 AM
Discussion Setting fail safe skippy78 Xtreme Power Systems 4 Apr 10, 2011 11:31 PM
Rant banana hobbies fail XD rangamatchstic Racing Boats - Electric 16 Mar 28, 2011 09:18 AM