HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2007, 08:50 AM
High speed bug smasher
Bradenton, FL
Joined Jan 2007
475 Posts
Discussion
Great morning flights

Well, Florida has had its share of wind this week, and it has been difficult to get out and fly. Finally this morning, there was not a breath of air, and so I biked over to the soccer field and fired up the T-Rex. The bird has gone through some changes, but mainly an upgrade to an (almost) all-metal head. I finally seem to have gotten rid of the blade flapping that I was plagued with after upgrading to the metal parts. The GY401 has the tail locked in, and the Pro 325 Woodies are tracked perfectly. I finally have it flying the way it should be!

Anyway, I flew two packs this morning (all I have), and had an absolute blast. I've really only been flying since February (and had quite a bit of down time), but I feel like things are coming along. I flew circuits, figure 8's, did some stall turns, and a few flips. Since there was no wind, I also spent a little time practicing my inverted tail-in hover, which went pretty well, although I sure seem to regress when compared with the simulator. What is it about having a real heli inverted that makes my heart rate ramp up and my palms start to sweat? LOL

All in all, a great morning, and sure reminds me why I got into the hobby in the first place.

Oh, and a big "thank you" to everyone here for making this the single best resource for RC helis anywhere. THANKS!!!
heli_addict is offline Find More Posts by heli_addict
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2007, 09:30 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,133 Posts
I have been really lucky this week as well, 3-day in a row not I have been able to fly in the morning and after work. I think I'm up to 24 Flights for the week and we havn't even hit the weekend yet.. !!

You have to take them when you can , mother nature gives us good day and bad days, last week we had 6 days of 20-30MPH winds.. I think it evens out in the end..
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage: