HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:20 PM
Joined Mar 2014
11 Posts
Discussion
Huge DJI prop comparison, Counterfeit vs Genuine, 9443 vs 9450 and more

Hey All,

I'm somewhat new to the hobby and am covering my learning experience on my Youtube channel. I just did a huge prop comparison test where I looked at a number of carbon fiber and plastic props and how they compared - mostly in terms of flight time.

Choosing Props for your DJI Phantom (22 min 14 sec)

I would say my biggest surprise was that the counterfeit plastic props were one of the best! So I looked at a few more sets and how they differ from the Genuine DJI products, and then compared the 9443's to the 9450's.

DJI Prop Test - Counterfeit vs. Genuine (23 min 41 sec)

I'd love to hear your guys' opinions and thoughts, I'm far from an expert on the topic! And if you enjoyed the videos be sure to let me know if you want to see anything in particular. Next up is tackling my pathetic battery setup with something much, much bigger.
WillU is offline Find More Posts by WillU
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2014, 01:06 AM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,437 Posts
I did not have time to watch all of the video but from what I did see, you did a great job!

Dave
DWA is online now Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2014, 01:35 AM
Joined Sep 2013
4,069 Posts
Nice videos, you really put a lot of effort into them. Also, man what a nice indoor flying space!

My own experience? Ebay carbon fiber 9443s have the longest flight time by about a minute (20.4 minutes on my P1 with gimbal and GoPro), followed by the DJI ST 9443s. But the DJIs have the benefit of being quite well balanced out of the box, and don't need any sanding or taping for un-jelloed footage.
ElGuano is offline Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2014, 06:17 AM
Joined Apr 2014
45 Posts
Hi Wil,

Thanks for putting your videos up. Obviously a lot of work went into this. I'm particularly interested in the DJI genuine 9443 vs 9450, and will be conducting my own test in an indoor controlled environment and see if my results correlates with yours.

I'm flying the Phantom 2 Vision+, so my flight times are 15-20 mins, which makes battery tests take longer.
HunterSK is online now Find More Posts by HunterSK
Old Nov 11, 2014, 06:07 PM
Joined Mar 2014
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSK View Post
Hi Wil,

Thanks for putting your videos up. Obviously a lot of work went into this. I'm particularly interested in the DJI genuine 9443 vs 9450, and will be conducting my own test in an indoor controlled environment and see if my results correlates with yours.

I'm flying the Phantom 2 Vision+, so my flight times are 15-20 mins, which makes battery tests take longer.
Sounds good, let us know what you find! I got the sense a lot of people just saw the 9450's as an upgrade, myself included, so i was a bit surprised by my finding. And yea, I sort of wish I did the battery swap first because with a longer flight time the differences should show a lot better.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2014
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuano View Post
Nice videos, you really put a lot of effort into them. Also, man what a nice indoor flying space!

My own experience? Ebay carbon fiber 9443s have the longest flight time by about a minute (20.4 minutes on my P1 with gimbal and GoPro), followed by the DJI ST 9443s. But the DJIs have the benefit of being quite well balanced out of the box, and don't need any sanding or taping for un-jelloed footage.
Thanks! And yea, I was impressed with the ebay props as well, but after balancing a bunch of them am leaning towards the ready to fly option.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:03 AM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,966 Posts
Great test...
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster