SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:06 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Joined Jul 2003
1,431 Posts
Discussion
Anyone used Dragon Link and Dragon OSD V2 with Atto?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to use a Dragon Link and Dragon OSD V2 with an Atto V3 and how to hook them up. It looks like the Dragon Link hooks into the Dragon OSD through the PPM stream input and then I can take power, ground and signal from one channel to Atto and then signal and ground from the remaining servo outputs. Anyone know if that's correct?

Thanks!

Jimmy
jtprouty is offline Find More Posts by jtprouty
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:51 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Hi Jimmy,
There's a couple of ways you can hook up the OSD, im assuming you dont want to use the OSD as your autopilot so there is no need to use the PPM stream. It will just be an OSD which you will need to re-program to make any changes via USB-Serial cable and a computer.

On your Dragon UHF RX it will have 9 set's of pin's, ch1 - ch9. Just set it up like you would any other RX -> Atto and forget about the ch9 pins (PPM).

With the OSD there is no need to use the current sensor, just video, power, GPS and RSSI.

Like I said theres a few ways of doing it.
If you want, give me a call on Skype and I can explain it betterer

Cheers,
Max
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:06 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Joined Jul 2003
1,431 Posts
Thanks, Max.

Actually, this is being setup by someone else and they want to be able to use the Dragon OSD as a backup RTL in case Atto would fail. I realize that Atto is extremely reliable and chances of it failing are very remote but the project he's working on is driving his need to have the additional RTL. Not even sure if it's possible to set it up that way.....

Jimmy
jtprouty is offline Find More Posts by jtprouty
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Ahh... well im not sure how you would do that off the top of my head as each servo would need to be plugged into both the Atto and DragonOSD control board's.

He would need a device would could hand control over to the other autopilot... id say the best bet would be to start with 2 identical AP's ??
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU