HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:07 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I normally do this but it might be tricky to find a nut that small, I'm cutting it down to just a few threads long.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Aug 2005
5 Posts
Has anyone tried a 6s setup yet? I would really like to try that for myself but I'm having a hard time deciding wich motors/esc's to go with
TomasLundberg is offline Find More Posts by TomasLundberg
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by åsmund View Post
Here is my video, this is as good as I can get right now..and today I noticed I had turned the camera plate the wrong way,,so the lense of the camera is not in center:P
Yes, very nice Asmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Really? I had 4 flights today and as far as I could tell 1.8 fixed the horizon problem. The area I was at was sloped so it's possible it was less noticeable... I'll test again asap.
Oh and my Yaw problem is fixed on the Lobtster, one of the arms had a twist
You were correct Dalaof, Horizon problem is still there but not any worse than 1.03 for me. It is actually a bit better because it seems to recover and level out very quickly once I have stopped "yawing".

I do have a problem with 1.8 though, it looks like the gains and scaling settings are all different from 1.03. It was super windy on my first test so I attributed some bouncing to that, but on the second (calm day) test the gimbal was just not performing either.
I'll try to tune it from scratch to see if that helps otherwise it is back to 1.03 for me too...
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
I do have a problem with 1.8 though, it looks like the gains and scaling settings are all different from 1.03. It was super windy on my first test so I attributed some bouncing to that, but on the second (calm day) test the gimbal was just not performing either.
I'll try to tune it from scratch to see if that helps otherwise it is back to 1.03 for me too...
Hmm, looks like I missed a setting in 1.8 that seems to have done the trick
In the HF configurator, go to Config and calibration > Gimbal mode > calculation modes, and change both to mode 1 instead of mode 0.
Info in attached pic...
I'll have to go on a test flight when rain stops (again), but it looks good on the footage I just took "fake" flying the Lobster around the house
Last edited by c3d76; Dec 09, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
848 Posts
Quote:
In the HF configurator, go to Config and calibration > Gimbal mode > calculation modes, and change both to mode 1 instead of mode 0.
Info in attached pic...
I'll have to go on a test flight when rain stops (again), but it looks good on the footage I just took "fake" flying the Lobster around the house
Thanks for the info... I'll have to try it out. No jitters on 1.08 or 1.03, had them on 1.07.

Did you re-calibrate HF after you updated the firmware?
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:17 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
486 Posts

Finally- here's some photos of my Shrimp build! Also- dropped the gains even further on roll and smooth as butter now. And yes- that is grass on the unit.
Banana Furikake is online now Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:21 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,535 Posts
Quote:
Info in attached pic...
hmm that is interesting, I'll have to take a look at that config.

I went back to 1.03 and have been playing around with the gains and accl, but still don't have it to a point that I'm happy with, but I'm getting closer. When I moved the gimbal over to the lobster, I'm getting a little more copter movement (tilting in all directions while hovering) then I was on the F550. I'm wondering if a hexa is just a bit more stable then a Y-6 when hovering. Today with no wind, it wasn't too bad (but still doing it), but yesterday in 10-15mph winds, the copter had a lot of wobbling movement. I tried all kinds of gains, but couldn't get it that stable. As far as how it flies, it's totally stable and you wouldn't notice the wobble until you look at the video which is bouncing all over the place. If anyone has any ideas on stabilizing it out, I'll all ears.

On a totally side note, I had some jittering in my roll servo that was also showing up in my video. As it turned out, I had my roll belt too tight and it was putting strain on the servo. I loosened up the belt just a bit and the jitter went away, so that is once step in the right direction.
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:21 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake View Post

Finally- here's some photos of my Shrimp build! Also- dropped the gains even further on roll and smooth as butter now. And yes- that is grass on the unit.
Nice build. Where did you get the LED's on the legs? Why did you mount the Hoverfly upside down?
Thx
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Nice build. Where did you get the LED's on the legs? Why did you mount the Hoverfly upside down?
Thx
Thanks!

LEDs= flytron.

Actually gimbal is right side up- just mounted underneath. That was done to give it a little more clearance from the bottom prop.
Banana Furikake is online now Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:25 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,535 Posts
Quote:

Your shrimp is looking great. Can't wait to see some video!
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Thanks for the info... I'll have to try it out. No jitters on 1.08 or 1.03, had them on 1.07.

Did you re-calibrate HF after you updated the firmware?
No problem... I did recalibrate after the update to latest 1.8 rev0.
But I'm not sure if recalibration is really needed, last time I rolled back to 1.03 and did not calibrate it still worked perfectly...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
Your shrimp is looking great. Can't wait to see some video!
Yup, looking forward to some video too
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:52 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,070 Posts
Quote:

Nice Work! There is a lot going on there with wires

Couple questions, where did you get the extra spacers and screws on the motor mounts? (Wait, just looked. Those are different motor mounts then what I have). Also is that a custom bit protection case around the Naza GPS antenna?

Can't wait to see the videos.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Last edited by jeff2215; Dec 09, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:33 AM
... and other flying animals
Joined Apr 2012
217 Posts
Hi folks

I was very busy and haven't read last month in this forum.
I saw at TPPacks, AG 700 is not available. Gary, Andrey, When will it be available again?
And how high has my LG to be?

Thanks
-Alex
Flying Rabbit is offline Find More Posts by Flying Rabbit
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:42 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
Also is that a custom bit protection case around the Naza GPS antenna?
Looks like this one

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t#post22858963
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Closed Thread