HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:41 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
Question
Afterburner LEDs

Looking to maybe put some AB effects in my Habu 32.. I am looking for the best/brightest system I can get for this, since I definitely want it daylight visible, or it is pointless!

thanks,
Matt
Oryon is offline Find More Posts by Oryon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:44 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryon View Post
Looking to maybe put some AB effects in my Habu 32.. I am looking for the best/brightest system I can get for this, since I definitely want it daylight visible, or it is pointless!

thanks,
Matt
Get a low amp BRUSHED esc and HKs led ribbons, look on you tube for the setup it's a one evening project if you got everything ordered.

It'll be bright alright
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:57 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,872 Posts
Hyperdyne labs makes some pretty good ones for the habu. Its about the cheapest good system out thier. You could go all out and drop the coin for a real good one from detailsforscale but it would be about the price of your entire airframe.
gunradd is offline Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Jul 15, 2011, 02:16 PM
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
Looks like the ones from Hyperdyne are for the foamie habu, not the 32....

Although the RGB system with the strip led might work....

Might check out the brushed ESC/LED setup, although the brushed ESC will still put out too much voiltage wont it? Since the habu 32 is on a 6S LiPo?

M
Old Jul 15, 2011, 02:34 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,872 Posts
I tried the whole brushed motor system and its all crap. While yes it can work it does not work well. The hyperdyn system is very easy to use and works from 3 cell to 8 cell and is fully programable. I have the RGB with the strip its pretty bright but hard to see in the florida sun unless a cloud happens to be around.

If its in the morning or late afternoon you can see it. If you get the ring they shine right out the back and you can see them better during the day. For the money its the best bang for buck compared to the high end systems.
gunradd is offline Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Jul 15, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
I usually fly from about 3pm to dusk, so...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:47 AM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
992 Posts
I've tried the RC Lander LED afterburner twice and both work great in the shop but something in the control board goes out of synch when you're at the flying field. Silver paint in the exhaust will enhance the LED lights.
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:07 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,905 Posts
I have one from Details4Scale in my F-104. Comes with the controller too which has a built in fan. You can control where it comes on and the speed of the ramp up. Runs off a 2S lipo.
I'll try to get some inflight shots of it next week.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:11 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,905 Posts
Here's a couple more on the ground in daylight.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:27 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd View Post
Hyperdyne labs makes some pretty good ones for the habu. Its about the cheapest good system out thier. You could go all out and drop the coin for a real good one from detailsforscale but it would be about the price of your entire airframe.
Yeah, the hyperdyne RGB is the coolest system on the market!
henke is online now Find More Posts by henke
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:05 PM
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
Thanks for all of the advice! As good as this plane flies I just want to spruce her up a littlr, and since I am doing a new one, (my daughter tripped and fell on my first one...durn running in the house) figured now would be the time! If u guys know what the brightest best nav lights are as well it would be great!

M

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk