HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2003, 12:36 AM
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
Balsa Nova ?

Anyone done a Morris Balsa Nova 40 electric conversion? Seems like a good design for a Hacker C40 with a 3S4P lithium pack.

Lost my E3D to what I think was a BEC over-temp this weekend Looking for a new home for my power system. Think I want a little taper on the wing, for a little more snappyness

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2003, 01:58 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Hey Tip;

I have the Glow ARF version and it would be a great conversion. The plane is light and nimble and kinfe edges almost as well as flies level. You may want to run some numbers through motocalc on the power plane though. it may not be quite enough. I have not look at the numbers myself but seems like you would want a little more veritcal.

Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Aug 18, 2003, 02:33 PM
WI
Joined Mar 2001
808 Posts
Kirby,

do you know what weight your ARF glow version is at? I was thinking of working from a kit, and leaving lots of wood out. Thanks

Kevin
Tipover is offline Find More Posts by Tipover
Old Aug 19, 2003, 01:36 PM
Volts times Amps = Wot?
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Mar 2003
278 Posts
Electri Nova

I also have the ARF version which currently has an ASP53 in it. I've been reading the Funtana thread and thinking the 2 planes are fairly comparable. Seems there are a few Funtana power options that might work OK in the BN.

Haven't flown it for ages so I may take it out and fly glow a couple of times before I decide.

Don't know how much weight you'd save from by building the kit, the ARF's pretty light.
jeezeypeeps is offline Find More Posts by jeezeypeeps
Old Jun 12, 2005, 09:57 PM
Hey Now
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
2,655 Posts
Any Balsa Nova conversions flying?

Has anyone done a succesfull Balsa Nova glow to electric conversion yet? I have one in the box waiting to be built as an electric.
See ya-Scott
speleopower is offline Find More Posts by speleopower