SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2014, 04:10 PM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfinator81 View Post
I have a Carbon Z Cub that has the same switch as this Yak. I disabled the switch on the CZC by cutting both wires...can I do the same thing to the switch on the Yak? Thanks!

Murf
Why would you want to that? If you ever had a motor inadvertently start when you plug in your LiPo, you'd reconsider bypassing/disabling the safety feature. At best you scare yourself and damage the plane, at worst that prop can do nasty damage to skin and flesh.

Just my 2 cent safety thought
teckbot is offline Find More Posts by teckbot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2014, 04:12 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2011
131 Posts
I just use "Throttle Hold" on my transmitter...does the same thing.
murfinator81 is offline Find More Posts by murfinator81
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:00 PM
Georgetown IN
Joined Jul 2010
1,046 Posts
I cut that switch off of all my E-Flite 60s. It is just another potential failure point. I have only had one actually fail, but I have read about many, many more here on RCG.

Using throttle hold is a good habit to learn in my opinion, especially if you also fly a heli.
10AE is offline Find More Posts by 10AE
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:57 AM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,150 Posts
Why so loud?

Ever since this plane was new, it has been very loud at high throttle settings. Even some of the guys say it's as loud as some fuel powered planes. The motor mount screws are tight, the prop is balanced, and it runs smoothly. Putting in a new EFlite Power 25 made no difference to the sound. It sounds like something is vibrating but I can't figure out what it is.

Any ideas?
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Nov 24, 2014, 02:42 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,537 Posts
If you have not already done so, replace the stock prop with a stiffer APC 13x4 electric prop. At full throttle the flexible stock prop will make more noise because the prop's pitch is changing a tiny bit and is becoming dynamically un-balanced. With stiffer props like ACP the pitch will hold more constant and it will make less noise at full throttle.

If you are still hearing a lot of vibs maybe check that the front plastic canopy insert (behind the prop) has not come loose. If it has, run a bead of glue around it and it's foam enclosure. Also check that your landing gear has not come loose and you do not have too much play on the wheels/axle.
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:42 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Dec 2009
377 Posts
I really like the noise mine makes, :-)
Yeti1234 is offline Find More Posts by Yeti1234
Old Nov 25, 2014, 03:01 PM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
982 Posts
Mine is also loud at full throttle, wakes up the field in fact, but, it is a pleasing loud, simply because it is running on four cells.. Most everyone else at the field is on three cells.. RPM..
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:04 PM
Belly Up!!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
Servo q?

Question guys. If i install the 82s or 85s just plug up and put the rod into the stock plastic arm that comes with the servos for the elev and rudder? No different horns? Which holes do yall recommend? I know the ailerons have to have dubro controls horns i believe. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Fixin to buy a yak this weekend!! Happy thanksgiving!
Murdock80 is offline Find More Posts by Murdock80
Last edited by Murdock80; Nov 27, 2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Not enough detail