Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:43 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stackhouse View Post
The carbon fiber, or the scale?
The scale goes nuts, keeps running up and down, won't tare, works great with anything but carbon fiber? Thought if anyone would know, it would be you... Even if I put a piece of paper between the scale plate (metal) & carbon it still won't measure it?
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:00 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,864 Posts
outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post
Whats that white stuff on the ground
Balsa dust, gotta be.
Lööks most interesting Ihava, what a project!! looking forward to reading more, cheers! - no idea about the scale anomaly, clearly electrical related somehow?

Ok, been in the new house 5 days now and we are slowly getting organised, the double garage downstairs will make a great workshop, pics later. I hope to open the Sky Bench B-100 short kit this week sometime, it arrived middle of last week thanks Ray! but the mancave is far from being able to produce woodies yet, let alone crunchie fitouts.

Ciao,
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:18 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,385 Posts
Ya know, IHAV, I'm gonna check that out- we have a test piece of carbon- 12" by 30 ft for a job wer'e doin' now- gonna see if it goes crazy from my playin' with it!
Has anyone seen the (new on HBO tonight) Mysterious Island2 with 'the Rock' - pretty fun flick- especially riding on a bumblebee!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A New Address
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:37 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Balsa dust, gotta be.
LOL Yeah, that's it, balsa dust, Cheers Steve! Glad to hear the new house is fitting you & yours.

Cap'n: 30' of carbon fiber So YOU"RE the guy I need to talk to....
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:42 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
Well Guys and Gal...

It seems that I've been caught up in a situation out here that is going to require my undivided attention for quite some time. turns out that my now EX-boss is on his way to jail on several different charges ranging from Elder Abuse to grand theft auto. As such I'm working with the local cops and adult protective services to help nail the guy to the wall. If we are lucky, it will be many MANY years before he sees the light of day again. Rest assured that I was not involved in any way other than to help nail the guy.

This situation may also end up costing me my relationship with my girlfriend but if she doesn't understand my need to help in this, then we were not meant to be together anyway.

As such my time is going to all be taken up with this situation and doing my best to see to it that this guy fries for his actions. I will try to pop in from time to time as I can but I won't be around nearly as much as usual. It's going to take some time for things to get back to normal but when they do you can all rest assured that I shall return to this craziness we call home.

In the meantime... Everyone stay out of trouble and do all the building you can since I'm not going to be able to. See you all at some time in the future.

Jeff
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:08 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Yep, fullhouse 3.9497 meters, I was hoping for a full 4

* spelled padawan MR. Jedi, sir
Slap some winglets on it, that'll put you at 4M for sure!
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:16 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,449 Posts
Jeff, if she doesn't understand then she's not worth keeping anyhow. Hopefully she does.

Go pin that scumbags nuts to the wall with a rough hewn iron nail!
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Well Guys and Gal...

It seems that I've been caught up in a situation out here that is going to require my undivided attention for quite some time. turns out that my now EX-boss is on his way to jail on several different charges ranging from Elder Abuse to grand theft auto. As such I'm working with the local cops and adult protective services to help nail the guy to the wall. If we are lucky, it will be many MANY years before he sees the light of day again. Rest assured that I was not involved in any way other than to help nail the guy.

This situation may also end up costing me my relationship with my girlfriend but if she doesn't understand my need to help in this, then we were not meant to be together anyway.

As such my time is going to all be taken up with this situation and doing my best to see to it that this guy fries for his actions. I will try to pop in from time to time as I can but I won't be around nearly as much as usual. It's going to take some time for things to get back to normal but when they do you can all rest assured that I shall return to this craziness we call home.

In the meantime... Everyone stay out of trouble and do all the building you can since I'm not going to be able to. See you all at some time in the future.

Jeff
holy carp! Jeff do what you gotta do, keep in touch!

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:47 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,385 Posts
Right on Jeff! we're onyou backup! me - i'm in packup mode!
pakingpawdawan
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A New Address
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:42 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,224 Posts
Wow, Jeff! Wow.

Yeah, go nail that scumbag. We expect a FULL report when the dust (and gag order) clears!

Wow.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:47 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,224 Posts
Totally drowns out my BoT maiden report.

Nahhh, you don't wanna hear it anyways. It didn't go we'll.

OK, twist my arm, why don't ya.

The Bird went straight up the winch, tap tap tappity tap, and came off the hook beautifully. It handled very well in the gusts, and I was starting to get to know her a bit, when the time came to land.

Darn. Downwind. Leg. I made a panic turn in the middle of the DWL, rolled to 90 degrees and tip-stalled, straight in. The wing center section has a good sized piece removed, and now I have an appointment with some epoxy, glass and monokote. it'll be better than new when I'm done with it.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:03 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Well Guys and Gal...

It seems that I've been caught up in a situation out here that is going to require my undivided attention for quite some time. turns out that my now EX-boss is on his way to jail on several different charges ranging from Elder Abuse to grand theft auto. As such I'm working with the local cops and adult protective services to help nail the guy to the wall.

Jeff
Wha? As the world turns, eh Jeff. The universe can twist & turn in a hurry. One day your on top and the next you, "can't even see it from here!" I was hoping you were out landscaping the new runway for the BBB!! Ya, proly didn't think you were moving to AZ to be a CSI guy. Good luck "DEPUTY JEFF."

* sorry to hear of your "landing" Katie. I blame it on the "Coyote." He's the one who started ALL THIS!
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:44 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,224 Posts
As one wisecrack said, all I did was find the weak spot on the airframe. Now I gotta make it stronger.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:14 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,411 Posts
LS, at least post pics! If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:55 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,224 Posts
LemonADE! Yay! Make mine pink.

See ya this evening, I hope, Al? We're in our way now, gift exchange goodies in hand.

Heh. I'm not sure a couple guys at the field understood why I was laughing about the crash. Heh. You GOTTA have a sense of humor about it, otherwise you'd go crazy.