HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
106 Posts
Rant
RCA alternative ?

is there any other dealer besides scaleflying.com to purchase the new big scale fuselages ?
DoctorX is offline Find More Posts by DoctorX
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:25 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,334 Posts
Not if you want those helicopter kits. There are others on the market in Europe and Asia that may have something you might like. If you are in North America, you may be out of luck but if you are in Europe, you could try Scaleflying.de as an alternative. There are really few manufacturers out there and a lot of in-house building for others does go on. It is very easy to have one outfit make bodies for a dozen different retail or wholesale distributors. I have run out of space for my fleet so I no longer worry about that, lol. Three is my magic number. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:24 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,747 Posts
Skyhunter Hobby http://skyhunterhobbys.com/

These guys don't carry everything that RCA does but they are great to deal with and any issues they will make right without making you the customer jump through hoops.

I to here lately am fed up with RCA and the way they have chose to advertise and promote their new products on these forums through their sponsored pilots. It is not only breaking the forum rules but it isn't fair to all the other pilots who have to buy their projects themselves.

I think this form of promotion is in very poor taste and they need to reconsider this form of advertisement and promoting , as I myself have quite buying from them all together.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:44 PM
United States, IL
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
is there any other dealer besides scaleflying.com to purchase the new big scale fuselages ?
RCA sent me a incomplete fuselage, but the owner cliff take care everything. He gave me a full refund. He is a good guy.
lightfighter363 is offline Find More Posts by lightfighter363
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:55 PM
cant get right !!!
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
same here rca is by far the best outfit to by from !!! they realy stand behind there name . what other big co can you actualy call and get a hold of the owner and get fast results . i would def buy from rca with no worys !!!!
trucker41 is offline Find More Posts by trucker41
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:03 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Skyhunter Hobby http://skyhunterhobbys.com/

These guys don't carry everything that RCA does but they are great to deal with and any issues they will make right without making you the customer jump through hoops.

I to here lately am fed up with RCA and the way they have chose to advertise and promote their new products on these forums through their sponsored pilots. It is not only breaking the forum rules but it isn't fair to all the other pilots who have to buy their projects themselves.

I think this form of promotion is in very poor taste and they need to reconsider this form of advertisement and promoting , as I myself have quite buying from them all together.
so becouse there pilots are advertising . you wont buy from them ? sory cap but that seems a little odd . there prices are competitive and customer service is aaa+++ and shipping times are aaa+++ as well . whats not to like . had it not been for that build thread of the 700 super scale as350 . i would have ever known , or wanted 1 . plus i can find 99.9 % of what ever i need from there . i find it great that the company actualy builds what they sell and shows step by step and a flight vid . what more could you ask for .
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Brookfield
Joined May 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
Try Helifactory and Heliclassics, if you want some more generic try Vario. Martin Sollner has 3.5 meter models in his range.
Hank79 is offline Find More Posts by Hank79
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:52 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,747 Posts
My Reply to Mr trucker41

Well it was hard to read through your post for all the misspelling and grammar errors , but I think I got the jest of it.

It just isn't because their sponsored pilots advertise , it is more of how they go about it and I'm not the only one who feels this way although I am about the only one voicing an oppinion on it.

Secondly there are many other companies out there that provide just as good service before and after the sell as RCA , but without the forum sponsored pilot promotional so called "reviews" pasted on every forum multiple times.

Thirdly even though you live in CA , you still live in the good old U.S. of A. and that means you are free to have your oppinion and me my oppinion.
You are also free to shop and buy from who you wish to as I am free to shop and spend my money with who I wish to.

This does not mean that you are right or that I am right , it just means that you have your oppinon and I have my oppinion. Neather are right nor neather are wrong , we just agree to disagree.

I stand 110% behind all my statements , and I try very hard to have all my facts straight and correct before I post a statement on these forums , something that not everyone on these forums does.

Forthly just 3 days ago Cliff (the owner of RCA) contacted me and ask me for my honest oppinion about his sponored pilots builds and the way he has gone about promoting his new product lines. I told him very honestly that I did not think that it was completely fair to all the many non-sponored pilots who have to work very hard just to afford a 450 to 500 size model while his pilots are pasting multiple "build thread reviews" all over the forums and SPAMMING them up which it against several forums rules. This one included although they seem to not be enforcing it much these days.

I beleave this to be true and think there are others out there that beleave the same as I do , although for what ever reason they may not want to voice their oppinion that is completely up to them.

I don't have hard feelings towards Cliff or RCA , I just think he and his sponsored pilots could have went about promoting their new product lines in a more tasteful way that is more sensitive to the many pilots whom aren't sponsored.
I don't think I have slandered or defaced or devalued Mr. Turnbull or his company RC Aerodyne in any way shape or form , all I have stated is my own oppinions.

In closing at the end of Cliff and myselves conversation we ended by seeing eye to eye and he thanked me for my honesty and told me if I ever had any issues with any of his sponsored pilots to contact him directly and that he would handle them and the issue in a professional manor and I agreed and thanked him for contacting me on this issue.

I can only assume he will stay true to his words and keep his sponsored pilots "build / reviews" promotional threads to a minimum and in accordance to the rules of the forums.

Now feel free to cut and paste and quote my statement however you see fit as others have done on other forums , I don't really care that will not change my oppinions or views in the least I stand behind my statements.

We can turn this into a pissing contest if you please but it doesn't have to be like that at all.

The End!!!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:02 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
wow cap !

Wow what the he'll crawled up your @rse. Really?
Dude I looked up to you. Up till this very min. I wasn't trying to piss you off or get a rise out of you . But you feel the need to hammer on my spelling or gramer . And try to embarrass me What ever . It's nice to see your true colors come out. Now I know what kind of guy you are . Thanks. Josh
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:08 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
ditto

Oh yea. Feel free to paste mine as well
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:47 PM
Cincinnati, OH USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,947 Posts
Um, getting back to the original topic...

I've had very good results from Century Heli. They sell the Funkey bodies - really light and excellent quality.

I used their pre-primed MD-500D body for my 600 size OH-6. If I totaled it tomorrow, I'd order another when I got home.

Jim
Jim Ryan is offline Find More Posts by Jim Ryan
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfighter363 View Post
RCA sent me a incomplete fuselage, but the owner cliff take care everything. He gave me a full refund. He is a good guy.
this is the mail of Cliff Turnbull (Vice President Sales) kaltag@aol.com
he never replied my mails this is why I want to purchase from others...
if there is no other dealer Roban manufacturer won't get my $$$$
I'm tired of exclusive distributors because you can't buy elsewhere.
DoctorX is offline Find More Posts by DoctorX
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:17 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,747 Posts
+1

Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:23 AM
FRANCE
Joined Sep 2008
162 Posts
Hi all,

you can find some nice babies in france on this online shop :

www.heli-scale.fr

they are speaking a good english too ( click on the flag top right on main page )

Bye
++
chasseneige is offline Find More Posts by chasseneige
Old Mar 26, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, IL
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
I just bought a cobra fuselage from RCA and cliff even let me do a price match.
lightfighter363 is offline Find More Posts by lightfighter363