HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:22 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Help!
Eclipse 7 no throw using rudder stick

Hey,

I have been using an eclipse 7 for a few years now and i love the radio...... I recently did the Eclipse 7 2.4 GHz conversion and since then i have had no throw from the rudder channel.... i tested the reciever with my Aurora and it works fine, i also tested the module with one of my mates Eclipse 7 and it worked fine as well.... I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what could be wrong.... I have been told it could be the rudder sticks potentiometer... any ideas...
12Deathcon is offline Find More Posts by 12Deathcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Deathcon View Post
Hey, I have been using an eclipse 7 for a few years now and i love the radio......
I recently did the Eclipse 7 2.4 GHz conversion and since then i have had no throw from the rudder channel....
i tested the reciever with my Aurora and it works fine, i also tested the module with one of my mates Eclipse 7 and it worked fine as well....
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what could be wrong....
I have been told it could be the rudder sticks potentiometer... any ideas...
Please enter your country of domicile into your profile as answers can differ accordingly.

What happens when
1. Different model number is used? better yet a new model number that has
had a "reset" (manual page 12) to delete any residual data?
This in case EPA settings or Dual rate settings may have zeroed throw.
2. Original module re-inserted and used with the PPM/QPCM receiver?
3. EPA is extended to max - any sign of movement?

If rudder still does not work correctly, then please contact your service centre:

Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

. Hitec Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro FAQ - Quick Setup and Additional Programming

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Hey,
Thanks.
The radio has had different models programed into it. These programed models have been reset a couple of times with little success. I did reinstall the original module that was in the radio and had the same poroblem. I replaced the original battery in the radio with another new hitec battery.
I did contact the hitec service centre and was told to get in contact with a radio repairman, to save the $150 for the service charge which i was willing to spend. If i cant get it fixed i will delv into it myself which i do with the televisions i repair.

Thanks for the help.
12Deathcon is offline Find More Posts by 12Deathcon