IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I use one 2s 2200 mah gens ace. But I have this

http://www.western-robotics.com/battery_buffer_hp.html
I can run 2 lipos and one is always backup. But I have not done it yet..... I get over 6 flights before I have to charge it.
The battery buffer is essentially a switching circuit, similar to the circuit used inside of a Scorpion Backup Guard. The difference is the "SBUG" comes with small 2S lipo built in and the battery buffer lets you choose both power sources which will be combined to go to your target device(s). However, a very big difference is that the battery buffer will monitor both power source voltages and if one drops below the other. Than the higher voltage source takes over. Where with the SBUG the original BEC or power source has to drop below 5V before the SBUG will kick in. At that point it will either take over completely in the case of a failure or pick up the difference up to 5V and attempt to regulate 5V output as a temporary backup until you have time to land. For my purposes, the SBUG was small, fairly light and contained both the secondary BEC, backup lipo, and switching circuit for only $25.

Though if I'm being honest, like Biggie. I only use a 2S lipo on my X7. I used to use a backup guard on it also. But right now i am only using the backup guard on my helis which do not have HV servos and cannot take 8.4v straight from the lipo. In other words, if I am using a BEC, I am using a SBUG too. It has already saved me a few times too. Usually due to some kind of wire failure or something. One time i had the flight pack unplug in flight on my X5 and the SBUG let me AR land safely.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Hey biggie, do you know what your Trex 600s AUW is?

Does anyone know if 7.9 lbs. is light for a 600? It seems like a lot of people i found were saying their logo 600s weighed about 7.7 lbs. So i think that is pretty good, right?
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
291 Posts
My fusion 50 weighed 8.2 pounds AUW with 12s Zippy 3300s. I was running radix 625s on it because it felt heavy in the air with Rail 606.

The fusion is a little bigger 600 anyway though since it can swing 640mm out of the box.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,993 Posts
About 9.2 . W/ 3300 60c lipos
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Today, 12:25 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,463 Posts
Ok, one CC Ice2 160a HV esc on the way for the 700.

With a bec pro that im gunna need for the 500esp. I just swapped the tail servo (futaba 9257 with MKS Ds95i) so that i could run all servos at 6v. The ice 75's 5a internal bec cant handle it, and its browning out the ar7200bx on fast collective movements.

I think i might just go with a BX in the 700.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean