HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,641 Posts
Not sure yet where vibes are from, but got them to minimum now.

Those clicking Elevator gears got me this afternoon.... Double backflip and wouldn't pull on under on the second one, spun around sideways somehow and went sliding into and across the limerock on it's side, just missing a split rail fence. Definite big double click/jump in elevator servo gears now. I did hit TH and the other servos still are silky sounding and feeling. Lost the CF Blade ends and the Canopy.

Just cancelled my second AMain order and redid it with the Lynx Neon Greens and a spare set of Neon Orange Tailblades. Also had to order a new white Skid for my BL, crash landed in the chopped down corn field and caught a skid corner. Lost orientation due to distance and lighting on that one. Was doing some wild flipping move up high, but still lost it. Did hit TH for that too, so no other issue other than skid leg.

So the 300X was done by end of first flight, but I managed to keep the BL together for 6 entire flights. Found out the Quick Grip finally let go of the Boom at the frame socket and was working it's way out, pulling my boom support ends out every flight. Got some heavy head shaking, need the servos cleaned again. Was rough flying it due to wind and the heavy shake hitting it randomly, Did pretty good Inverted down low though. Going down to charge and fix the BL now and fly more before dark! Temps and sky are just Awesome here today! 73F.

Now I have that Stock Lime Green Canopy I've always wanted on the way....
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM
Registered Flight Addict
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Aug 2013
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew0220 View Post
Yes, i governed my v922, and my normal throttle curve on the 300 after mid stick is very close to flat, i like the constant headspeed too, pitch alone works better for my style rather than the blades spinning faster and slowing all the time

How long have you been in the hobby reaper? You seem to know a thing or 2, so because i balanced everything and loctite modded the motor, and my heli seems very smooth, the tail servo should hold up for a while? What would a better than stock but still budget level esc be? I was thinking a yep 45 or is that over kill?

Also i should be clear, i can't buy everything i need in one order, i will be buying one or 2 things a month, likely with the exception of cyclic servos, as i would need all 3 at the same time
I've been flying since 2007, if my original tail servo is anything to go by mine lasted about a year and a half. There is a tell tail sign that it's going, when you get a large slow wag, it's on it's way out and needs replacing. The thing is with the tail servo if you touch it after a flight and it's hot it's on its way out as well.For the esc the Yep 40a seems good for a budget esc, I've got a Castle creations talon 35 on mine but my 300X is really a no expense spared build. A flat throttle curve isn't the same as governed, as a flat curve just applys a set signal to the motor so the headspeed is higer at lower pitch. A governor will hold the headspeed throughout the whole pitch range, my 300X is set at 3600Rpm and no matter what pitch the blades have it stays at 3600.
The_Reaper_83 is offline Find More Posts by The_Reaper_83
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
I LOVE my lynx greens, there is a few action shots a page or so back, ill never buy carbon fiber blades for the 300, not as long as lynx makes these colorful and incredibly strong blades, every bit as good as carbon fiber

I did have to balance both the main and tail blades, but that is just standard operating procedure, mine is vibe free, but I've yet to crash...
I like the Lynx blades also but I would argue that as good as they are, they are not quite the same as the CF blades. I'm no hotshot pilot but I think that the Lynx have a "softer" feel to them, particularly in the collective - they just aren't as responsive as the CF.

I fly the Lynx (Orange for me), love the price and durability, and fly them most of the time, but as my skills improve and I gain the ability to be more precise, or want to try maneuvers that require quicker response, I think that the CF will ultimately allow me to advance further. I just wish there was more market demand so the price would come down on the CF!
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
Change out the stock tail hub and grips for a T-Rex 450 hub and grips. Vibes = gone.
I think it has a new Blade Aluminum tail case with MH Grips.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM
Registered Flight Addict
Joined Aug 2013
473 Posts
loosen the tail fin screws a tiny bit the only need to be snug not torqued down.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM
Gaui X3, Blade 130X, Nano DFC
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
2,606 Posts
yep, I like mine to where they won't fall under their own weight but will move very easily if you push them by hand
BladeScraper is offline Find More Posts by BladeScraper
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KBAR Ordered :D
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
v922 130x 300x
United States, MI, Battle Creek
Joined Apr 2013
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper_83 View Post
I've been flying since 2007, if my original tail servo is anything to go by mine lasted about a year and a half. There is a tell tail sign that it's going, when you get a large slow wag, it's on it's way out and needs replacing. The thing is with the tail servo if you touch it after a flight and it's hot it's on its way out as well.For the esc the Yep 40a seems good for a budget esc, I've got a Castle creations talon 35 on mine but my 300X is really a no expense spared build. A flat throttle curve isn't the same as governed, as a flat curve just applys a set signal to the motor so the headspeed is higer at lower pitch. A governor will hold the headspeed throughout the whole pitch range, my 300X is set at 3600Rpm and no matter what pitch the blades have it stays at 3600.
Is there a way to govern the stock esc until i get the yep?
matthew0220 is offline Find More Posts by matthew0220
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM
v922 130x 300x
United States, MI, Battle Creek
Joined Apr 2013
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea View Post
I like the Lynx blades also but I would argue that as good as they are, they are not quite the same as the CF blades. I'm no hotshot pilot but I think that the Lynx have a "softer" feel to them, particularly in the collective - they just aren't as responsive as the CF.

I fly the Lynx (Orange for me), love the price and durability, and fly them most of the time, but as my skills improve and I gain the ability to be more precise, or want to try maneuvers that require quicker response, I think that the CF will ultimately allow me to advance further. I just wish there was more market demand so the price would come down on the CF!
I'll keep that in mind, i haven't actually had any carbon fiber blades, but i know the lynx allow full throttle instead of 75 or what ever it was, that and the colour is mostly what i meant in being as good, but im sure that the carbon fiber blades are more crisp
matthew0220 is offline Find More Posts by matthew0220
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Registered Flight Addict
Joined Aug 2013
473 Posts
Quote:
Is there a way to govern the stock esc until i get the yep?
No unfortunately, you could try a V throttle curve but I don't really like them. Just keep running as you are until you get a better Esc.