HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:43 PM
Sundsvall
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
Discussion
DX6i possible to hardware mod for 3-way flaps?

So you electronic engineers out there that have already taken the DX6i apart into all it's pieces. Is there a way to exchange the two position flaps switch to a three position one? Or even replace it with a potentiometer to get any setting? Will the radio accept analog input on that port or is it only a digital one?

It's the only thing I think is a bit cheap on the DX6i. It could not have been much more expensive to put a 3 way switch there from the start.

On models without retracts I can use the gear channel via mix to get 3-way flaps but not on models with retracts of course that's why I'm asking if ya could do a macguver mod.
SEALen is offline Find More Posts by SEALen
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:00 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
I too wanted to swap out the toggle switch for 3 way and or POT but after opening the TX, I swa that the switch only as on/off (shorted & opened) 2 wire connection.

SO unless one is a GURU and knows exactly how to re-wire the new 3way switch or pot to the BOARD and maybe re-program the radio, you and I and other mite be out of luck.

One more reason why I should of bought the DX7 instead of DX6i when upgrading form DX5e. The 3 way switch & added mixing (more then 2, DX6i).
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:39 AM
Sundsvall
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
Well if the port reads the resistance a POT or a 3-way switch would be possible (just add a resistor on the middle position of the switch) but I don't want to void my warranty without knowing if it's possible in the first place. My unit is only 3 months old so far.

If the port only reads on/off I guess there is nothing to do but buy a DX7 in the long run.
SEALen is offline Find More Posts by SEALen
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:47 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
I am in the same boat as mine is only 6 months old give or take a month. I too would of wanted a 3 way switch for something else.

I now have ordered a DX7 for the 3way switch - added mixing - added model mem. - switch ass. - and more.

I will now have DX6i for back -up.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip