HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2009, 10:33 AM
Batesburg, South Carolina
Joined Jul 2003
157 Posts
Discussion
Brison 2.4 on Giant Aeromaster?

I've looked through the archives, but did not find any reference to this particular engine/plane combo.

Mr. Petit used a Fuji 43 on his review plane and said it flew fine.
Everyone else suggests a G62 (or a G62 on ignition).

My conundrum is this: I have this great running, reliable, starts every time, stump pulling Brison 2.4 thats been a great engine. I'm planning on installing it on my new Aeromaster.............but, I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this and what problems they may have encountered????

1. The firewall is setup for the Fuji, so I know that I'll have to relocate the engine mounting blind nuts.
2. How will this engine's weight affect the balance? The engine weighs 2.75 lbs which is a pound or two lighter than the G62. Any thoughts?
3. Petit mentioned that the Fuji "flew the plane fine". How does the Fuji's power compare with that of the Brison????

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

Jim
fenderjw is offline Find More Posts by fenderjw
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2009, 02:28 AM
Got toys?
pearl city, hi
Joined Feb 2005
714 Posts
a friend of mine has a g62 on his giant aeromaster...cg is perfect...firewall is kinda flimsy for the g62, and should be beefed up (the engine weighs more like 5 pounds)...stock landing gear gives enough clearance for the 22x10 prop...ken
kenhiraihnl is offline Find More Posts by kenhiraihnl
Old May 21, 2009, 07:52 AM
Joined Jul 2003
157 Posts
Thanks

Thanks kenhiraihnl
Anyone setup/flown the Brison 2.4/Giant Aeromaster combo specifically????
Old Apr 09, 2014, 08:41 AM
Joined Jul 2003
157 Posts
Anything new

Its been a few years since I posted this question and now after two deployments and moving the family to a new home, I'm finally getting back to modeling. In the mean time, has anyone else tried the Brison 2.4/Giant Aeromaster combo?
Thanks
Jim
Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:53 PM
Forest, Va
Joined Nov 2009
270 Posts
I just did a maiden on my kit built one with a US 41 (2.5). It flies fine but is lacking in the power department. However, today's pilots rarely fly on the wing and most want to be airborne in 20 feet. For barnstorming and scale flying, should work fine.

John
Rubbernecker is offline Find More Posts by Rubbernecker
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:21 PM
Joined Jul 2003
157 Posts
Us 41?

John
Thanks for the note. Did you have any trouble mounting the engine? Because mine is the ARF version, it has blind nuts already installed and setup to fit a a Fuji engine.
Thanks again
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbernecker View Post
I just did a maiden on my kit built one with a US 41 (2.5). It flies fine but is lacking in the power department. However, today's pilots rarely fly on the wing and most want to be airborne in 20 feet. For barnstorming and scale flying, should work fine.

John
Old Apr 14, 2014, 03:04 PM
Forest, Va
Joined Nov 2009
270 Posts
Couldn't tell you, I didn't build it. Dick Pettit did. It is the one he did the RC Report review on. A friend of mine got it from him and sadly my friend passed away a few years ago and I acquired it. Been hanging in my garage for a few years till I finally decided to put a radio in it. My biggest concern is that the spring starter (on the back of the engine) for the US 41 needs to be cleaned and oiled frequently and there are no blind nuts. The bolts either go thru the firewall into the motor or there are studs on the motor that require nuts on the firewall. All of this is in an area that is not easily accessible. Not sure why anyone would make an engine like that, but this is my first gas. Posted online and have a few good ideas to make life simpler. Sorry not much help, my guess is since it was kit built, holes were drilled during construction. Good luck.

John
Rubbernecker is offline Find More Posts by Rubbernecker
Old Apr 14, 2014, 08:30 PM
Joined Jul 2003
157 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the info anyway. About to give it a try with the ARF. Good luck with your airplane. I bought mine based on the Dick Petit review of the ARF.

Jim
Old Apr 16, 2014, 01:14 AM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,829 Posts
Jim,

I fly my GA (ARC version) on a DLE55, but I need the power for aerotowing (can haul up to 16lbs of glider). When I fly for sport, I use about half-throttle for most of my flying, as full throttle will provide unlimited vertical climbs. I can even get it to hover, and I'm no 3D flyer. AUW is 17.5lbs, with no fuel on board.

My prediction is that the Brison 2.4 will be plenty good enough for your GA. I drilled all new holes in the firewall for my DLE, and I'm sure you will have no problem doing the same for your Brison. The Giant Aeromaster is a wonderful flyer, btw. You will really like it.
dgliderguy is offline Find More Posts by dgliderguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aero Skyboy 600